What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Storyteller
This topic is about The Storyteller
SOLVED: Children's/YA > A girl Befriends a misterious boy who protects his sister by telling fairytales [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maria Rios | 5 comments Hi, everyone I need a little help. I read a book a while ago, and i need to know if anyone by any chance has read it before and can provide me the tittle. This is what the book was about.
(it may contain spoilers)
A young girl meets a boy during a snowstorm and offers to give him a ride home. She befriends this boy and meets his little sister. He has been doing everything he can to protect his little sister from her father, the legal guardian after his mother killed herself. He warns his sister about her dad by crafting a fairy tale in which she is a princess, he is the knight protecting her and that dad is the villain. This boy enjoys to listen to white-noise and the girl tries to recreate this music with her saxophone. As you read further you learn more about the boy and the job he does to support his little sister and The girl's group of friends later try to use that secret to get her to ditch him.
Thank you guys so much! <3 :)

message 2: by Cynthia (last edited Oct 31, 2014 06:10AM) (new)

Cynthia | 186 comments Spoilers are encouraged here :) Do you remember anything about the cover? What year did you read the book? What genre would you say it is?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Maria, Provide a brief description of your book in the subject line, as opposed to something vague like "Help!" or "Can't Remember This Book" and you will be more likely to catch the eye of someone familiar with your book.

Maria Rios | 5 comments Maria wrote: "Hi, everyone I need a little help. I read a book a while ago, and i need to know if anyone by any chance has read it before and can provide me the tittle. This is what the book was about.
(it may ..."

The genre was fantasy, the cover I believe had a red/whit rose buried in snow.

message 5: by Maria (last edited Nov 03, 2014 05:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria Rios | 5 comments Lol, well this mystery is finally solved! A friend of mine spent her weekend searching for this book and she has found it :) The book is called "The Storyteller" by Antonia Machaelis. The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis
Thank you to all who gave it a try in solving the mystery! :)