What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Historical Fiction: cover of woman's back and title with 4 nouns

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chrispy (last edited Oct 30, 2014 11:58PM) (new)

Chrispy Chong | 1 comments Hi all, I'm a book editor trying to pitch a book title to an author. I came across this book this year, most likely within the last 3 months. It must be a notification for new books or some form of publicity so I'd say it's a fairly recent book (2013/2014).

It has the image of a woman with her back to the reader. The title consists of four nouns in it (presumably each an aspect of the main character). Help! Any idea?

message 2: by Dee (last edited Oct 31, 2014 05:30AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 606 comments Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott - this?

whoops that's her front, but it just came out and has been widely mentioned and its also non-fiction, so maybe not

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Lesley (cplesley) Hi, Chrispy:
Marshall Poe of the New Books Network forwarded your message to me (I'm the host of New Books in Historical Fiction). I don't know the answer, but I have also asked in another GR group and on Facebook. If I find out, I'll let you know.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33491 comments Mod
Quickly scanned this list and didn't notice a match, but it's late in the day...
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) | 211 comments There only three nouns but I picked because I wasn't sure if it was only nouns on the title or many descriptive ones The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress

message 6: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Lesley (cplesley) Dee wrote: "Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott - this?

whoops that's her front, but it just came out and has been widely mentioned and its also non-fict..."

Note that the Kindle edition has a different cover featuring a faceless woman in a crinoline seen from the side, so although it's not a novel, it could be the title you remember. I ran a search for historical fiction on Pinterest yesterday and found tons of book covers, but this was the only one with four nouns in the title.

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Just out of curiosity, why would you be trying to pitch a title to an author when some other author has already used it? Or am I misunderstanding?

message 8: by Holly (last edited Nov 02, 2014 09:48PM) (new)

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37823 comments Mod
Hopefully Chrispy will come back. She only posted that one comment.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Chrispy, any updates?

I see Chrispy is still active on GR.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Chrispy, any updates?

I see Chrispy is still active on GR."

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.