Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
This topic is about Cress
Group Reads > Cress

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

Lucinda | 18 comments I've recently finished this. I loved the addition of Cress and the way she interacted with Thorne.

message 3: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
I've still only read Cinder so far. Really need to read Scarlet and Cress!!!

message 4: by Michelle (last edited Oct 31, 2014 03:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle (misah) | 17 comments Loved it, too. I like how the group of main characters is growing with each book. So many lovely couples and swoon-scenes :-)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 60 comments So far this is my favorite book, I just loved every character. I think Thorne and Cress made a lovely couple , I just can't wait to read more about them in the next book.

message 6: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Jennifer wrote: "I've still only read Cinder so far. Really need to read Scarlet and Cress!!!"

Ooh you're in for a treat! The two sequels are AWESOME! Enjoy :)

message 7: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Did anyone else enjoy (view spoiler)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 60 comments David wrote: "Did anyone else enjoy [spoilers removed]"
I did. (view spoiler)

message 9: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Andrea wrote: "David wrote: "Did anyone else enjoy [spoilers removed]"
I did. [spoilers removed]"

Agreed!

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) I read this back in March. This is how I felt at the time:

(view spoiler)

Alexandra  (alex-) | 8 comments I only started reading the second one at the start of the month but I'm now done with Cress aswell. I flew through both, the series is just getting better and better!

message 12: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Wow, you did fly through! I agree, I felt the series got better with each book so far, and I'm hoping the last one will be the best!

Maggie ☘ | 20 comments It's one of my favourite and definitely the best from the series. But overall I didn't like Cress that much. She annoyed me sometimes.
I think that Cinder and Kai are still the best characters! (and Iko:))
But this series is so action-packed, even if is have so many pages.Which is good!:)

message 14: by Lan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lan Kiều | 10 comments I think Cress was built that way for a reason. After all, she was locked up in a tiny satellite for practically all of her life, and then she saw Thorne's "heroic actions" and of course, as the naive girl she is, she falls in love. I think it was quite convincing. And after being locked up for soooo long with nothing but a programmed voice to keep her company, AND being a nerdy computer genius, she should have the right to be annoying sometimes :D :D

But I agree, Cinder and Kai are still the best!

Btw, have you read the novella Fairest :D It's not exactly a main book of the series, but after reading it, I seriously had to reconsider my most favorite book of the series :D :D

Maggie ☘ | 20 comments I understand why she was that way.And I really love Thorne!:)
She annoyed me in sort of good way:)..
I didn't read the Faires, but I certainly will sometimes:...

message 16: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments I agree, I thought Cress's character was realistic to her situation/past. I really can't wait for Winter, I have a feeling she'll be my favorite character of all!

message 17: by J.M. (new) - added it

J.M. Welker (juliamae) Tracey wrote: "I read this back in March. This is how I felt at the time:

[spoilers removed]"

Scarlet felt so formulaic to me. I liked Cress more because (view spoiler)