Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Id Personified (Please Add)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Richards (Jason_Richards) | 4 comments Hey everyone, I've just recently wrote a short story that I would like to add to Goodreads and from what I've gathered I'm to come here and write a few details about the story in order to make my official request.

The short story is called 'Id Personified' and I am the author, Jason Richards. I've self-published the story on Amazon and the ASIN is B00ONFI9TW. It was published on 10/17/2014. It is a short story, only 16 pages, and I suppose the genre that best fits it is literary fiction.

I would add the description for the story from the Amazon page but I'm not much of a fan of the description I wrote. I'm not much for summarizing it turns out. Essentially, the book is about the effects trauma and life difficulties can impact a person's outlook on their life and their purpose. My career is as a mental health therapist and wanted to bring out common themes that seem to come up time and again in my therapy work. I'm hoping that through this book people can gain insight into a life experience that hopefully they have never lived through just as I experience these moments when I perform therapy.

As a part of this post I know that I'm supposed to link to the book cover to a site that does not sell the book. Unfortunately, I used Amazon's Book Cover Creation tool to create the book cover. Apparently Amazon had bought the license of several royalty free images and allow self-publishing authors the chance to use these images, along with templates they've created, to create a book cover. So I don't really know how to link to my book cover without linking to Amazon. How would you like me to address this?

Is there any other information you would like from me before the story can be added to Goodreads?

Thanks so much for allowing independent authors to use your site to help us raise awareness of our books. I look forward to being involved with this site.

message 2: by Nanaa (last edited Oct 31, 2014 02:20AM) (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments Hi Jason, first welcome to GR!
Added your book,
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Amazon is a perfectly acceptable site to obtain images and data for GR, however other book selling sites such as B&N etc. are still not allowed. Also I had no idea what you wanted to write for the description, so I used the one on Amazon.

You can claim your author profile by going here,
https://www.goodreads.com/author/conf...
Also, you are Jason^^Richards
^= 1 space

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason Richards (Jason_Richards) | 4 comments Awesome, thanks for the help.