Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Disambiguation - Author Patrick Brown

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Rose McKee (ellierosemckee) | 137 comments There seem to be at least three Patrick Browns, and their books need to be separated out. https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...
There's the author of all the academic type books, then there's the author of 'The Oaks' novel (different guy), and then their the comics artist/author of graphic novels (his are all the titles in the 'Cattle Raid of Cooley' series - if someone could list that as an actual series, that would be awesome - 'Short Stuff' & 'Ness') not sure about some of the other books (like 'False! Error in the Church' - could easily be a forth person).

message 2: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Rose McKee (ellierosemckee) | 137 comments Someone, please?

message 3: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I think there's far more than three. It's a mess. I'm not sure there's any point in disambiguating it. It looks like some effort has been made in the past, and there are already 3 other Patrick Browns, none of whom authored anything currently on the default, one-space profile. Unless one of these authors comes to Goodreads and wishes to claim a profile/disambiguate their works from other Patrick Browns, any effort we put forward now will just be undone the next time we get a database import.

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 469 comments I go through sometimes and disambiguate really common names, but only when I have the time, because it takes a LOT of time. I'll take a look at this one at some point.