Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Chicago Tribune vs Chicago Tribune Staff

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andréa (new)

Andréa (fernandie) | 152 comments There are currently at least two different author listings on Goodreads for ebooks put out by the Chicago Tribune: Chicago Tribune and Chicago Tribune Staff. They have almost the same number of ratings. Some books have one edition listed under one author profile and the other edition listed under the other one. I think the two author profiles should be combined, but I wasn't sure which one should remain.

I'm inclined to merge "Chicago Tribune Staff" into "Chicago Tribune," since the most of the books say "Chicago Tribune" on the cover and not "Chicago Tribune Staff". But I'd like someone more knowledgeable to weigh in.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44591 comments Mod
"Staff" is generally redundant in the author role, so the version without it would be my preference as well.

message 3: by Andréa (new)

Andréa (fernandie) | 152 comments rivka wrote: ""Staff" is generally redundant in the author role, so the version without it would be my preference as well."

Thanks, rivka! That was a speedy response.

message 4: by Andréa (new)

Andréa (fernandie) | 152 comments I merged "Chicago Tribune Staff" into "Chicago Tribune" and was able to combine editions on several books. I think the books are listed at Amazon under "Chicago Tribune Staff," though, so it will probably need periodic maintenance.