Inspirational Quotes from Books discussion

Morning Inspiration

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell Kyle | 7 comments Mod
"The very fact that you woke up this morning, alive & breathing, is proof that this day has already been predetermined in your favor." - Russell Kyle, 'Awakened Living; a practical guide to the Spiritual life'

message 2: by Russell (new)

Russell Kyle | 7 comments Mod
"Morning Gratitude Shortlist
1. Woke up ✓
2. Air to breathe ✓
3. Roof over head ✓
4. Food to eat ✓
...yep, it's a Good day!"

- Russell Kyle, 'Awakened Living; a practical guide to the Spiritual life'

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul Marriner | 1 comments 'There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.' - Leo Tolstoy

Sunrises And Other Stories by Paul Marriner

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments "To get irritated is to lose our way in life."--Haruki Murakami, A Wild Sheep Chase (The Rat, #3) by Haruki Murakami

Or as my student Diego puts it: When you smile, life is nicer.

message 6: by Anna (last edited Apr 09, 2015 09:33AM) (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) 'Memory is a complicated thing, a relative to truth but not its twin.' Barbara Kingsolver

Inspiring? Yes, I think so. It reminds me of the need to be accurate.

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments "There are years that ask questions, and years that answer." (Zora Neale Hurston)

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) How very true, Orinoco. I see that in my own life, though I sometimes have to wait a long time for the year with the answer in it!

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) "Unbosom yourself," said Wimsey. "Trouble shared is trouble halved."

The above is from one of the Lord Peter Wimsey books by Dorothy Sayers.

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments Anna wrote: "'Memory is a complicated thing, a relative to truth but not its twin.' Barbara Kingsolver

Inspiring? Yes, I think so. It reminds me of the need to be accurate."

At first glance I read that quote as "Morning is a complicated thing...etc." Well, yes. Also. ;)

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments You have to know much more to be silent that you do to keep talking.

Anna and the Black Knight

message 12: by Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) (last edited Apr 26, 2016 02:29AM) (new)

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments "You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don't care how hard this is, I don't care how disappointed I am, I'm not going to let this get the best of me. I'm moving on with my life." Joel Osteen Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential

message 13: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Rose (sofiarose12) | 2 comments Daily inspirational quotes influence us in numerous ways, a few of which, we are not conscious of. You might come across somebody wearisome a shirt with a "you can do it!" saying printed in it and poof! It gives you the drive to do incredible what you have been before cautious of doing. In addition, considering a mug or a distended toy with the writing, "somebody loves you" can make you become conscious your worth as a person.
Inspirational Picture Quotes About Life

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments That's right, Sofia. That's what this group is for, to share quotes here that have inspired us.

Have you got something to share with us? So far it seems to be only me doing your actual posting...and it's not even my group.

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments "“Scared is what you're feeling. Brave is what you're doing.”
--Room

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments "You are wrong if you think Joy emanates only or principally from human relationships. God has placed it all around us. It is in everything and anything we might experience. We just have to have the courage to turn against our habitual lifestyle and engage in unconventional living." Christopher McCandless

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments Another quote from my student Diego: "When you become angry with someone, you put yourself in their power."

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments "Of course, there are some people that nobody could satisfy. I've learned: Why let one person spoil your whole day?"

--taken from an interview by Studs Terkel, Working: People Talk About What They Do All Day and How They Feel About What They Do

Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) | 155 comments Man has taken huge steps forward and has proven that God does not exist. He sees only the steps behind him; what he does not see are the steps remaining ahead. He rests, believing he knows all.

--Dorothy Gilman, A Nun in the Closet