The Books With Looks 📚 discussion

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
This topic is about The Darkest Minds
Book Of The Month > BOTM November 2014 - The Darkest Minds

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Here it is, our November BOTM is The Darkest Minds

Tinka | 495 comments I really hope I'll manage to read it this month...uni was so expensive this year and Christmas coming up I hope I'll have the money

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1425 comments I think I will give this one a miss, might read cress instead, would like to finish one series before I start a new one.

Tinka | 495 comments Just ordered it on Amazon :)

message 5: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments :)

Waiting for my library to give it to me, soon I'm thinking of breaking and entering the library at night when they're closed and just getting the book myself lol

Tinka | 495 comments Have it at home now. Just need to finish my class read and then I can start it. Btw the hardcover edition is gorgeous

message 7: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Going to my public library today to pick this book up, yay! ;)

Tinka | 495 comments Will now start reading it. I'm super excited because it looks so gorgeous

message 9: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Have you got the cover with the girl's face on it and the coloured swirls? That's the copy I have of this book and yes I agree it is a gorgeous looking book :)

Not this cover The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken but I can't get the right picture

Tinka | 495 comments I actually have the cover edition you posted. It looks great.

How do you like it so far? I think its really interesting and I have no idea where this is going

message 11: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Yeah it's great, I'm only on chapter 3 though because I've been busy with work and catching up on Supernatural episodes I've recorded on TV, haha.

So far I really like the character Samantha, she's really cool. I kinda feel like it's a bit like The Hunger Games with the different groups.

Tinka | 495 comments I gotta say I have a hard time connecting to the writing, I find it a bit all over the place. And Ruby so far is not the most interesting lead. Hopefully that'll change

message 13: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Agree, I don't like Ruby that much and do think she's not interesting at the moment. The writing is good in my opinion, I haven't read that much of the book yet so I still may change my mind

Tinka | 495 comments The writing is growing on me and so is Ruby. What mostly bothers me about her that I can't quite understand the decisions she is making. I love however the group dynamic she has with Liam, Zu and Chubs. I absolutely adore those three.

Tinka | 495 comments The book and I had a slow burn romance but now we're kind of in love

message 16: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments I'm nearly finished, I stopped reading it for awhile but now on track, I look to finish it today or tomorrow if I can't today. It's really interesting so far and I'm really enjoy reading this