What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. New student-teacher romance, he didn't know she was 17 [s]

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Okay this has been bugging me for a while and cant find it anywhere.

A while back (a month or two) I read an excerpt for a new book (don't think it had been released then). I remember that he didn't realise that she was only seventeen until he turned up as her new highschool teacher. He enters the class and she's sitting near the front...maybe. As he's introducing himself he spots her an gets distracted for a moment but continues on with his introduction but once the lesson is over he asks her stay behind or he asks to or he asks to speak with her outside for a minute and it's all very amicable "Can't believe I'm your teacher, nothing can happen now" and quasi-flirty. The latter is more likely I think.
I've read so many and so many blurbs for student-teacher books and I'm getting them all mixed up. For some reason I thought it was from the Hot for Teacher anthology but none of them sound familiar.
Please help!

message 2: by Michelle °O° (new)

Michelle °O° | 155 comments There are a few that I have read but I think most were 18 even though still in HS
Unteachable
Loving Mr. Daniels

message 3: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments No, thought it might have been Loving Mr. Daniels but wasn't it. Thanks though :)

message 4: by Kris (last edited Oct 30, 2014 04:23PM) (new)

Kris | 32253 comments Mod
The Low Notes by Kate Roth?
When Summer Ends by Isabelle Rae?

Moira, which high school subject does he teach?

Do you see your book in this list? Perhaps start at the end of the list if your book was just published.
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...

message 5: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Not either of the two, thanks.

For some reason I want to say math but honestly that's a guess.

No, went through most of the student-teacher lists and nothing stands out. It was getting a lot of attention on book blogs.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32253 comments Mod
Good by S. Walden? He's a calculus teacher.

message 7: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Thanks but that's not it, and honestly being a math teacher is a guess. I remember them making a big deal on the blurb of her lying about her age, think she pretends to be 19 but was only 17.

message 8: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Hmm might be getting the emphasis on age in the blurb mixed up with the blurb for Wicked Innocence by Missy Johnson. That's not to say there isn't an emphasis on age in the blurb!!

message 9: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 184 comments This probably isn't it because it doesn't match the "new release" part of your description but the scene you described reminds me a lot of Pretty Little Liars. I never read the books so i'm not sure if the same thing happens in them or not.

message 10: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments No wasn't Pretty Little Liars, thanks though.

message 11: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann | 37 comments Probably not it, there was no illicit affair before the new teacher comes around, but A Different Blue immediately popped into my mind. Even if it isn't the book you are looking for, I highly recommend reading it. It is an absolutely beautiful story.

message 12: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Thanks, sadly that's not it either, although it is one I've been tempted to buy on a few occasions.

message 13: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments Colleen Hoover's Slammed? Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover

This book has a couple different covers if I'm not mistaken, so if it's not familiar looking, don't discount it. Great Book, Great Series, and is a LOT like the one you are describing.

message 14: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 6 comments Are you sure it's not When Summer Ends? In the book the teacher starts dating a girl thing she is a college student and she thinks he knows she is in high school. School starts and he walks into her math class as a new teacher. He ends things because even though she is 18 he cant date a student. There's more but don't want to give it away. I really think this is what you are looking for.

message 15: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments No it's not Slammed, that's a book I skimmed when it came out and meant to read it in full since so I know that's not it.
No definitely not When Summer Ends. Just double checked there and when she realises he's her teacher she runs from the class crying and in the one I'm looking for they definitely speak together rationally outside the classroom door, sad they can't see each other but he doesn't get angry at her for not telling him she was in highschool.
Thanks for the suggestions though!

message 16: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Bump

message 17: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 225 comments Pretty sure its Rewriting History by Missy Johnson. its the second part of a story that started in Hot for Teacher (I didn't read that part though since i didnt find that out till later)

message 18: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Hmm that's probably it, although I think I was thinking of the prequel Unwritten History in Hot for Teacher. Don't know how I missed it!! Thanks for all the help! :)