Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

48 views
Beta reads and book exchanges > new place to grab review copies for indie authors

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (kyatty2007) | 1 comments Hey all, just wanted to share some info on a new place to find ARCs of indie authors.
Want to #readreviewshare the works of your favorite indie author? IndieARCs is the place for you. Sign up NOW! http://bit.ly/1qrUQX3


message 2: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Ironside (julesanneironside) | 653 comments Mod
Actually I will withold opinion for a moment but if Dave Gaughran (Author of Mercenary and Let's get digital) is happy promoting here, it may be worth a look. I have met Dave IRL, he's a decent bloke and is making a nice living solely as an indie author. What would be interesting is is a) did he allow his book to be promoted here and b) is the site discerning? ie how many reviews does a book need to have garnered before it will be eligible? (Bookbub asks for half a dozen I think) I'm not saying I'd jump on board but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand in this instance.


message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Maltman (jamiemaltman) | 156 comments Mod
J. A. wrote: "Actually I will withold opinion for a moment but if Dave Gaughran (Author of Mercenary and Let's get digital) is happy promoting here, it may be worth a look. I have met Dave IRL, he's a decent blo..."

BookBub asks for more like 20 in most cases, more in popular genres.


message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Penn (richardpenn) | 758 comments Are they really going on the number of reviews, and not the number of stars? Seems odd.


message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Maltman (jamiemaltman) | 156 comments Mod
Richard 2060 wrote: "Are they really going on the number of reviews, and not the number of stars? Seems odd."

Both. Minimum number of reviews (I've seen 10 on Amazon.com for some... I think it was Fussy Librarian? 20+ as a general rule for Bookbub), and in most cases, minimum 4* average.

The thinking being that it's harder to get 20 sock puppets/friends/family to write good reviews, but not that difficult to have only 4 or 5. :P


message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard Penn (richardpenn) | 758 comments National sockherder awards.


message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Milani (bonniemilani) | 7 comments Jamie wrote: "Richard 2060 wrote: "Are they really going on the number of reviews, and not the number of stars? Seems odd."

Both. Minimum number of reviews (I've seen 10 on Amazon.com for some... I think it was..."


Richard 2060 wrote: "National sockherder awards."

If I recall aright, Fussy Librarian requires 13 reviews. Haven't looked into Bookbub. Any idea whether it's worth it?


message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Maltman (jamiemaltman) | 156 comments Mod
I have yet to find someone say that Bookbub was NOT worth it. It's the gold standard, of you can get them to accept you. Google: Bookbub Infographic to understand more about their rigorous process.


back to top