Books on the Nightstand discussion

What supernatural and mysterious short stories are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa Are short stories on your nightstand as well as books? What shorts, anthologies, or collections of short stories are popular these days? Here's something for Halloween ...

Have you read Edgar Allan Poe's "Tale of the Ragged Mountains"? I'm betting you've missed this one. What about the "Light-House" an unfinished story he wrote before his sudden death? You can read both free on my blog this week. A Halloween treat by Poe. Who is better than Poe to conjure up the dread and fear for Halloween?

If you have a favorite supernatural or mystery title, I'd love to see more posted here.

http://paulacappa.wordpress.com/2014/...

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Cappa Loved The Shining. I've not read much of Gaiman, but I'd like to.

message 4: by Erica (new)

Erica Ferencik | 15 comments I LOVED North American Lake Monsters by Nathan Ballingrud. He's a friggin genius.

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita | 147 comments Paula wrote: "Loved The Shining. I've not read much of Gaiman, but I'd like to."

I have loved everything I've read by Gaiman, except his graphic novel, The Sandman. Which was disappointing because I know so many people who liked it.

message 6: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 808 comments My favorite supernatural book is Gaiman's THE GRAVEYARD BOOK which is small and very well written. My favorite mystery is THE WOMAN IN WHITE. The scariest book that I have read is the modern classic GHOST STORY by Peter Straub.