What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Wife that ran away with her baby near the end of the book & was mistreated badly by her in-laws before [Spoiler ahead...]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angeline (last edited Sep 24, 2015 12:42PM) (new)

Angeline Goh | 8 comments I can't remember exactly where this book was based on. However there is quite a bit of spoiler here because I can only remember most of the ending. The book is about the heroine who married the hero. After their marriage, they stayed in his family home where his mum and (widowed?) sister-in-law stayed in as well. But the pair of them didn't like the heroine so they mistreated her and always insulted her. The sister in law liked her husband and always tried to suck up to him. The husband never really defended the heroine despite all that insults. But the heroine got pregnant and the sister in law was plotting how she can become the baby's mum instead. The heroine finally couldn't take it anymore and she took her baby and ran away. When she ran away, she stayed with this older kind man (I believe was her uncle) who later on passed away. But before he passed away, he contacted the heroine's husband (through a letter, I believe) and then they made up and lived happily ever after. She ran away near the end of the book.

I really can't remember the title or author of the book and I really hope to find it. I read this book a long time ago, so I may have gotten a few facts above wrong but that was like the main summary of it. Please do help me locate this book, thank you!

message 2: by Angeline (new)

Angeline Goh | 8 comments Hi anyone, please help! Really wanna get a hold on this book again!

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Angeline, what year did you read it? What genre is it - chick lit, romance, etc.? What country/region and time period is it set in?

message 4: by Angeline (new)

Angeline Goh | 8 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Angeline, what year did you read it? What genre is it - chick lit, romance, etc.? What country/region and time period is it set in?"

Hi, I can't remember exactly, but I believe it was a Romance book which was set in most probably modern time period. It definitely wasn't a historical romance. And I think the country may be Italy or Spain, because I remember that they somehow still do hold aristocratic power, I believe. But I could be wrong since I read this book more than a year ago.

Thank you!!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34455 comments Mod
The Little House by Philippa Gregory for Alice's suggestion.

message 6: by Angeline (new)

Angeline Goh | 8 comments alice wrote: "the little house by Philippa Gregory? i read it a long time ago so that might not be the right one, but it's sounds familiar!"

Hi, sorry but that's not the book although it does sounds exciting!

message 7: by Angeline (new)

Angeline Goh | 8 comments Help, anyone?

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34455 comments Mod
Is this modern romance (possibly set in Italy or Spain) feel more like a Harlequin novel or literary fiction? Any similar authors come to mind?

message 9: by boogenhagen (new)

boogenhagen | 70 comments The Italian's Runaway Bride by Jacqueline Baird

message 10: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2427 comments How long were they separated? I came across this today:

http://www.elenasdiary.com/images/bib...

The Goodreads version doesn't appear to be in English. I'm guessing it is Greek:
Μια ζωή πολλές φορές by Έλενα Μακρή

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Angeline, are you still looking for this or did you find it?