Landline
This topic is about Landline
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Stacey, Kristin & Vicci - Landline

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5590 comments Mod
Stacey, Kristin & Vicci - Landline

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Thanks for the link! Looking forward to it:-))

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Do either of you have a preference to when we start this one?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm looking forward to this one too!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I easy either way

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm starting one today but it's a short book (Rylee Adamson) so figured I'd have it 95% done in a day or two. Would be game to start Landlines around Wed if that works?

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments sounds good to me

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Me too!! I can easily interrupt what I'm reading.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Just let me know if there's another day you'd rather start if you'd rather finish what you're reading! I really am open to whatever

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'm easy, just finishing another one and then I'm clear to read whenever.
Jenne is just posting SS again , hmmm can I fit in that and Tower team as well at the same time ?!?!?!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Sure you can! :). I can help if you need!

Does it seem like TT is just about reading and participating on BR (etc) for points? I didn't even see a requirement on the types of books to be read or reviews that had to be written. (Although I know you are very good about writing lots of reviews!).

Or maybe I'm missing something?? I've never done TT before... LOL!

I'm super excited for SS - I tried to sign up but it's not open for comments yet! (I only tried about 10x...). Haha!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Apparently 11 is a charm... Heehee!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Wow Kristin you were the first one on the sign up list! Eager beaver ;). I am in as well.. Funny- I think I was calling this book Fangirl when I messaged you?? Duh..

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Haha! Love SS!!

FanGirl -Attachments - Landline - whatever it takes, right?!! I didn't even notice if that tells you anything!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments That is pretty funny! You two will be proud- I have started my FIRST ever audiobook! Just trying out a free app and downloaded Michael Connelly's Angel's Flight. Pretty cool!
Hey Kristin- I was on the book of life thread (which confused me with all the other comments at first) but doesn't look like they set up a start date? And I am not officially in the group yet. We'll see.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Yea - I think that was my fault. I'll ask to get you added!! (It was lucky you had asked me for the link cuz I totally missed your comment about wanting to join BOL in the discussion thread!). I can be a space cadet like that sometimes - just ask V. One time I totally forgot what month we were in.... Not one of my more stellar moments!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Last month for the 2nd book in the trilogy, we had a bunch of people pop in and join as we went and I think they just got added this time if that helps at all? Lol

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Sure! Thanks. I posted a comment- I think;)- so I should get a notification. Not a big deal. I will read it anyway!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Oh girl - you are definitely included! LOL! I just asked Debbie to add you and it looks like she was still looking for some late sign ups so we should be good!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Excellent! Thank you!!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Lol that was funny when you did that, we were like..errr it's still September lol

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Heehee! Just making sure you all were paying attention...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm planning to start this one today! Woo-Hoo!!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey wrote: "That is pretty funny! You two will be proud- I have started my FIRST ever audiobook! Just trying out a free app and downloaded Michael Connelly's Angel's Flight. Pretty cool!
Hey Kristin- I was ..."

How is you first audio??? :)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments It's pretty cool! I had to get used to it though but I do like it!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments That was the same for me. At first I had trouble paying attention to the story - my mind would wonder elsewhere and eventually I'd realize I'd missed anything said the last 5 minutes and have to rewind! Eventually it got easier and easier. Although I still have trouble if the book moves rather slowly...

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Yes! I actually started reading something else by accident while listening and had to rewind!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments LMAO!! Hilarious!!! It gets better I swear!!

Btw - did you get a notification for book of life activity?

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments No I have not gotten one.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I wondered bc I didn't see a comment from you on it. Let me know if you want me to send you the link again. I was just asking when folks wanted to read - I am good to read it any time after Nov 11/12th.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I've read through the first 6 chapters this morning before work and am liking it very much. I've gotten a lot of insight on Georgie's marriage and of Neal. (view spoiler)

I really enjoy Rainbow Rowell's writing even if her stories can sometimes be hit or miss. This one is fun to read and had a lot of trouble putting it down this morning... Damn book made me late for work...

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha naughty Kristin!!!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments HI girls! Thanks for the shout out in the BOL link;)! I posted now. I thought I changed settings to be notified if there were updates but I guess not.

So I am through chapt 5 and I agree with everything you've said so far kristin- I suppose we will find out what really brought Georgia and Neal together in the first place later on. I was impressed at his demeanor with her as well when she dumped it on him that she was working through their Christmas holiday as well.. Really? Good for him going anyway! He does seem a lot more patient than me anyway...
And he is a better stay at home wife than I am too! Jeez- diagrams of the garden and bulbs in the fridge?! I think we are seing Neal getting frustrated with the direction their life has taken them- even if they decided together. I can identify- I am home with kids (4) now and it is the right decision for my family but difficult at times for me. I believe it is harder for men to be home with kids. That is what he does, right? Unless I missed something. I think right now they are both resenting each other a bit. And what's the deal with Seth??!! This new show really had to be this particular week? Maybe...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I know!!! I was floored Neal left with the kids! Well, not THAT floored since it was written in the book blurb - HaHa! But just from what we know about Neal up to this point it really does seem out of character which is why he must REALLY be over it. Sometimes Georgia can (view spoiler)

Will he interested to see if my opinion changes as we learn more of their story.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Wow - Stacey - that is awesome that you are able to be home with your kiddos! I can't imagine how hard that can be at times but I'm sure your family is so thankful to have you there!

Ya, wondering what's up with Seth too... (view spoiler) Not enough evidence yet but I have that thought at the back of my thoughts as I read this...

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'm home wahoo!!
listened to some on the journey home, not much though, I'm up to chapter 6, I can't believe (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments LMAO! I know!! I am trying to figure that out too...

I have named chapter 7 the (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Along those lines of Neal being the everything man, I think it's in Chapter 10 that Georgie says (view spoiler)

Ouch.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Damn it, I did it again and read the spoilers lol.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments LOL!!!!! I should have known better..... :D

It's supposed to make you want to read up to that point so you can read the spoilers cheatin mama!!!! hahahaha

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha I can't help it, it's just there saying reeeaadd meee lol.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments See! That's exactly how I felt this morning being late to work... It really wasn't MY fault... it was the books fault. If it wasn't so good, I would have been to the office in plenty of time!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments As a side note, did you know Feed is 599 pages...

Seriously, just 2 more pages and it would have been worth 20 more points.

I'm not obsessed.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Shhh.... How am I going to read if you keep interrupting...?

HAHAHAHAH

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha I'm off to bed now so you can read in peace.

I hope I like Feed , I tried it before and gave up after about 3 or 4 chapters as it was a bit slow.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Yikes - Always forget there's such a big time difference! Night x

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments PS - we've trudged through bad books before. **cough, cough** Bully **cough cough**

And if you switch the edition to kindle it's 609 pages. Whoop-whoop!

I like it better already. ;)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Oh you girls are funny! Just checked in here but need to read a bit more before looking at spoilers;-))

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Haha! Ohhhhh.... Is THAT how spoilers work??? You don't say...,
**gives v the stink eye**

« previous 1