The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Prequel?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Robin Riddle I know Collins would probably prefer to move on to different stories but I would like to see in detail what happened 75 years before the first book maybe even further back. I would like to see how The United States (and I think parts of Canada and Central America) became Panem. Then it would be cool to read a story that follows the first rebellion against the newly founded Capital.

Of course after the rebellion’s defeat we would get to see the first hunger games in detail which would follow the main character who fought in the rebellion and it would also be interesting to see some of his or her comrades in the arena as well. This would probably be the reason why the Capital choose to have the oldest tribute age be 18. As we followed the main character we would get to see brothers in arms against one anther which would be like the Capital pouring salt in a wound.

I realize that we have already learned a lot about the first rebellion in the books we have it would be nice to know in greater detail how Panem formed.

I would like to start a discussion about this so feel free to reply.

Aj the Ravenous Reader Ray wrote: "I know Collins would probably prefer to move on to different stories but I would like to see in detail what happened 75 years before the first book maybe even further back. I would like to see how ..."

I think that would definitely be a good story for a prequel. Hunger Games' fans who could not let go of the series will certainly be delighted to read a prequel. I for one couldn't let go that I would read the series over. A prequel would certainly be a gift. :)

Kierra Boykin This would be a pretty awesome prequel and I would read it. Honestly I'm desperate for anything new by her. I would also love a prequel depicting Finnick or Haymitch's stories/times in the arena. Or even one about how Snow rose to power from Snow's point of view. Then again I would also love to see Collins go in a completely different direction and have it be just as awesome as The Hunger Games. Either way I can't wait to read her next book.

Brandon The story is so vast, i'd think it'd have to be a dualogy: Book one: The Rebellion and rise of panem/Capitol. Book 2: The First games. I highly doubt she'll write these but one can hope and Hope is the only thing stronger than Fear.

Speaking of: Where exactly is this new read???

Ilana i'm always a huge fan of prequels - i think that they serve a very good purpose when you've invested so much time in a series. as you read mockingjay - you really only get a tease into what's happened before - and i think that it would be great even if it was just a novella and not a full length prequel to see what happened.

alba Ray wrote: "I know Collins would probably prefer to move on to different stories but I would like to see in detail what happened 75 years before the first book maybe even further back. I would like to see how ..."

I'd most likely read the prequel you've described because it would let us know with more detail what happened to turn the story in such a drastic way, to create The Hunger Games; however, I'd prefer to read it in the point of vew from an ordinary citizen, I'd like this person to not be a part of the first edition of the Hunger Games because we know what it feels like to actually be in the games because of the series. But I'd just like to read it from a point of view in which I can know and what this person, who is not a part of the games, thinks about this whole scenario and their opinion of it: if they're outraged or seem okay with it, if they're sad because they knew the person who is in the games... But if there is going to be a prequel, even if it's totally different from what I'm picturing it like, I'm sure Collins will do a great job.

Dramapuppy I would love this so much.