Jim Goforth Horror Author discussion

Other writers > Favourite death...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Woods (sparkymarky1973) | 2 comments What is your favourite death scene in any horror story/ novella you have read by any author? Which stuck with you the most long after you finished reading it?

For me, the scene with Patrick and the abandoned fridge always got me in Stephen King's IT - that shit gave me nightmares man.

How about everybody else?

Please share, trying to avoid spoilers of course.

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
Ah I have so many, it would be incredibly difficult to go with just one. There are a few in Richard Laymon's Funland which spring immediately to mind, but specifying who might be considered a spoiler for those who haven't read it yet. Creative use of fairground and carnival attractions, we'll say.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (emmyd0731) | 4 comments Deaths involving being cooked/burned alive always stick with me. One of the first horror books I read was Trapped by Jack Kilborn and I still think about that gridiron scene... I'm not sure if I would call it a favorite though. I would have to think about this more.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Sandberg (lisasandberg) | 16 comments I have to say it is a new author, Kyle M. Scott, and the book would be Consumed: Volume 1, the first story - Special Delivery, has a gruesome death scene.