Books on the Nightstand discussion

Announcements > family book group picks?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (ameliosaurus) | 3 comments Does anybody have suggestions for good family book group reads? (Thanks BOTNS ep.301 for the idea!)

We are six adults, all readers normally, but with varied taste- including mixed opinions about genre fiction. I think our ideal book would be one you want to talk about, that is less than 400p long and wouldn't hinge on sexual content (loving/ consensual or otherwise).

Our last overlap in taste was the Hunger Games Trilogy, though none of us are ordinarily YA readers.

Thanks!

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (vicki_c) | 366 comments These do not all meet your length criteria. My husband and I have wildly different book interests. But a few books we have both really enjoyed were:
The Pillars of the Earth
A Game of Thrones
And
The Martian

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2802 comments Mod
I know that a fellow Booktopian has a family read for Christmas every year (not all adults) and last year they read I Am Malala The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban. I know it worked for her family last year and considering that she just won the Nobel Peace Prize it might be something to look into.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Pagan | 11 comments My sisters nieces and I, fans of suspense fiction, are reading the dark yet literary YA book (Don't You) Forget About Me by Kate Karyus Quinn . Talented, literary short story writer Kathryn Kulpa rated it highly, so I knew that it would be good.