Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (BOTM) > November 2014 Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krysta (last edited Oct 29, 2014 05:29PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Hi everyone, November is almost upon us, and we need to pick some new books to read! Post your recommendations below, and in a few days, we'll set up a poll to vote.

Note: Books that have already been read by the group will not be included.

Authors, please do not nominate your own book.

message 3: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I'll start us off by nominating:
Angel's Ink and Dorothy Must Die

Angel's Ink (The Asylum's Tales, #1) by Jocelynn Drake Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige

message 4: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) I'll nominate Spider's Bite Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

message 5: by Leona (new)

Leona (leonareadsalot) Spider's Bite!!

message 6: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments It appears that Spider's Bite was read in May 2011, however the book was not listed in our Group Read History.

I will leave it to Jenny's discretion as to its eligibility for this month.

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 30 comments This one's been on my to read pile for awhile so might push me to get started if its part of a group read.

Divine by Mistake (Partholon, #1) by P.C. Cast Divine by Mistake by P.C. Cast

message 8: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) Krysta wrote: "It appears that Spider's Bite was read in May 2011, however the book was not listed in our Group Read History.

I will leave it to Jenny's discretion as to its eligibility for this m..."

In that case I'm going to nominate Shadow Kin (The Half-Light City, #1) by M.J. Scott

message 9: by Jalissa (new)

Jalissa | 57 comments I'll like to nominate Red Rising by Pierce Brown and The Young Elites by Marie Lu.

Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu

message 10: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Jenny has approved Spider's Bite since it was read quite a while ago and it was not on the list.

The other nominations have also been added.

I will leave this thread open until 6pm CST, then open the poll.
I know we're moving quickly, but we already have a decent amount of nominations, and today is the 1st.

message 11: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1 comments I'd like to nominate The Beautiful Dead by Daryl Banner. This book made the top 5 in fantasy on Indie Author Land's annual contest. The sequel releases next week. Thanks for your consideration =)

message 12: by Camila (new)

Camila (eternalessence16) I nominate the Young Elites. It's sounds SUPER COOL!!! XD

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy Burch | 3 comments Camila wrote: "I nominate the Young Elites. It's sounds SUPER COOL!!! XD"

The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu I agree, I am really looking forward to reading this one!

message 14: by Camila (new)

Camila (eternalessence16) I know, right?

message 15: by Maria (new)

Maria Itliong | 10 comments How about The Spook Squad series by Keri Arthur? The First book is Memory Zero, 2nd book is Generation 18 and Penumbra is the last book

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) I nominate The Scribe by Elizabeth Hunter, which is the first book in the Irin Chronicles. The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter

message 17: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Cheryl, I added your nomination to the poll since I was late in closing the thread.

message 18: by Krysta (last edited Nov 01, 2014 04:34PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Nominations are now closed

Please head over to the poll and cast your vote!
Voting ends on Nov. 3rd so we get reading.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.