Browncoats discussion

Fun Stuff > English 394: Joss Whedon's Firefly

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tami (new)

Tami (tamilyn) | 3 comments I am currently taking an English class at my local university based on Firefly and it is amazing. Twice a week I get to go and discuss episodes and articles written about Firefly!

message 2: by John (new)

John (jkbrown2) | 23 comments Shiny! Sounds like a fun class. I'm curious, what types of things do you discuss?

message 3: by Arok (new)

Arok | 7 comments And where is this class taking place. A great advertisement for your school and professor.

message 4: by C.G. (new)

C.G. (samatwitch) | 29 comments I would have loved that.

message 5: by Tami (new)

Tami (tamilyn) | 3 comments We tend to discuss an episode and article per class, analyzing music, lighting, dialogue, character development, personal interpretations, etc. Many of our articles are drawn from some of the books on the list for this group. One of the books that I added has been co-edited by teacher: Reading Joss Whedon. Her name is Cynthea Masson, she has also been published in other books on the list and is fully involved in Slayage, the online peer reviewed journal by the Joss Whedon Studies Association. I attend Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo, British Columbia. I have to say it is probably the liveliest English class I have ever taken. Everyone is so excited to discuss things, that our teacher has to force us to move on to new topics!

message 6: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments That's so cool that you have a class based on Firefly. I would love to attend one of those.