Greenwood Public Library discussion

Didn’t live up to the hype?!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey Watson (aubreywatson) | 66 comments Mod
What book let you down despite the fact that everyone else seems to think it's the best thing since sliced bread?

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Luzader (mary_luzader) | 2 comments Divergent. I know that everyone is gaga over this book, but I didn't enjoy it pretty much at all. I'm not sure if I was tired of the dystopian thing when I read it or if it was so hyped to me as this AMAZING book and it was a let down. I'm not sure why, but I didn't much care for it.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz | 18 comments Mod
Gone Girl...I did not like that book at all. I thought it was going to be a very good book based on how many book clubs read it, and I did not like it much at all.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (alookinthegarden) | 15 comments Mod
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This was supposed to be a life changer type of book and I just didn't get it.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (ejessicadawn) | 27 comments The Lord of the Rings....I just couldn't get into it. Too much detail and not enough action. I like the movies, but the books were too slow for me.

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila  (slharm) | 2 comments Eat,Pray,Love by Liz Gilbert. Having heard so many positive reviews of this book, I was ready for a great read. Too much whining and then I did not like the movie either!

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 2 comments The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - less that 200 pages but felt like like it took forever. So many positive reviews but I just didn't get it . . .