Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

The Butcher
This topic is about The Butcher
Archive - Group Reads > Butcher, The - November 2014

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chava | 2788 comments This is the discussion thread for The Butcher by Jennifer Hillier. The moderator is Chava

Chava | 2788 comments LOL! I had this writer's Creep on my TBR list and then was given an advanced readers copy of The Butcher. I really liked it as it tells the story from the killer's point of view instead of the victim or police like we usually get as readers.

My opening question to all is:
What did you think about this new way of telling a murder story? Did it pull you in more, did it repulse you, or did you feel empathy for the main characters even?

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 601 comments Chava wrote: "LOL! I had this writer's Creep on my TBR list and then was given an advanced readers copy of The Butcher. I really liked it as it tells the story from the killer's point of view instead of the vict..."

Wow good question and thats an interesting view point. Its different from the norm. Can't wait to start.

Stephanie Webb Just downloaded the book. The fact that it is written in the killers point of view is why I chose to read this. It makes it much more thrilling.

message 7: by Laima (new)

Laima | 416 comments I read Creep and gave it a 5 star rating. Just downloaded The Butcher.
This should be a great read.

Chava | 2788 comments I think this was my first book that came from the killer's perspective and I really found it interesting. I'm really eager to hear from people what they thought, both good and bad :)

Chava | 2788 comments It's been a bit quiet. What are people thinking?

Laura I had previously read this book. I liked it from the perspective of the killer, just for something different. I wouldn't say that she's my favorite author, but it's still compelling and kept me in suspense.

Chava | 2788 comments Do people know of any other books that are told from the villian's perspective (except for Dexter)?