The Lost Challenges discussion

Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4)
This topic is about Motorcycle Man
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - BOM/Group Reads > Motorcycle Man-November Series Read

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer H "Get ready to ride."

Tyra Masters has had enough drama to last a lifetime. Now she's back on track and looking forward to her new, quiet life until she meets the man of her dreams. The tattooed, muscled biker plies her with tequila and the best sex of her life. She knows it isn't the tequila and hot sex talking. He's the kind of man she s always wanted. Unfortunately, he's also her new boss.

Kane Tack Allen has a rule: he doesn't employ someone he s slept with. So when he learns he spent last night in bed with his new office manager, he quickly fires Tyra. Yet when Tyra stands up to him and fights for her job, Tack is intrigued. He tells her she can keep her job on one condition: no more sex. Ever. But as things heat up between them, Tack finds that he'll be the one breaking all the rules

message 2: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 1284 comments Mod
So Trea, you gonna do it?????

Jennifer H I can actually get this book from the library so, I thought I would join you :)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I am ashamed at myself for not representing. I will catch up this month. i have bought the remaining 2 books in teh series. I have force myself to read book 2. I need a push

message 5: by Penni (new) - added it

Awesome Jennifer. I am actually behind also but have the books and need to get them read.

Ezi I'm behind too.

Jennifer H Just let me know when you want to start

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Penni wrote: "Awesome Jennifer. I am actually behind also but have the books and need to get them read.

Ezi I'm behind too."

Don't worry, we will catch up. In the mean time, I already bought Scanguards audio 2 :D

message 8: by Penni (new) - added it

Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Penni wrote: "Awesome Jennifer. I am actually behind also but have the books and need to get them read.

Ezi I'm behind too."

Don't worry, we will catch up. In the mean time, I already bought S..."

I've got that one ready also!

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Sorry I didn't respond to you sooner, Penni! Yes, I'm gonna do it. I'll be reading it at some point this month.

message 10: by Penni (new) - added it

Hey Trea!

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Penni wrote: "Hey Trea!"

*waves hello* Hi, Penni! I've been down with stress migraines the past few days, and reading a very boring Cress, but my month is very light, so I should be able to read this anytime everyone else does.

message 12: by Penni (new) - added it

Sorry to hear you're under the weather.

I'm in denial that it's actually November. I'll take a look at my schedule and plan an attack here in the next day or so.

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Penni wrote: "Sorry to hear you're under the weather.

I'm in denial that it's actually November. I'll take a look at my schedule and plan an attack here in the next day or so."

Sounds like a plan to me!

message 14: by Jennifer H (last edited Nov 08, 2014 11:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer H I went ahead and started (and finished) the book. I needed it for another challenge because it had a alcoholic beverage on the cover. I enjoyed it. I don't have anything to compare it to since I didn't read the other three books but I think it is a great standalone. There were parts where characters from the other books make an appearance (I looked up the names of the other characters so, that is how I know). It was a little bit slow in the beginning and Tyra got on my nerves sometimes (view spoiler) I loved Tack's kids. They seemed just like what biker kids should be like.

I look forward to discussing this more in depth with you guys :)

message 15: by Penni (new) - added it

Tack has kids? Oooh. This ought to be interesting.

I was wondering how you would compare it to the others. This is the one I had heard the most about and got me into the mode of reading this series to begin with.

I finished Law Man earlier this month. Will be starting Motorcycle Man a little later in the month.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Well, Penni, I started it last night when my son went to bed, and I'm sorry to say, finished it 13 and 1/2 hours later! It made a lot of Own the Wind make sense for me, and I did really enjoy this book.

Overall, I didn't care for the series, but without having read the entire series, I would not have understood all of this book. There's some of it I still don't understand because it references a Rock Chick book I haven't read, but not enough to be annoying.

Probably won't continue with the author after I read the two Chaos books, but at least I'll understand them better now!

message 17: by Penni (new) - added it

That's good to lknow Trea. I just got this one from the library on audio - had a mess up with my previous hold and had to start over. I do better getting to audios.

I haven't read any of the Rock Chick stuff - nor Chaos.

I will try and start this in the next couple of weeks.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I take it you guys haven't gotten to this one :D

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "I take it you guys haven't gotten to this one :D"

Nope, I read it! Finished it on the 28th of last month. Was the best book of the series for me, and made Own the Wind make a lot more sense!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Damn, alright I will get on Book 4 then

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Did anyone listen to this book?
It's my book for SSS tomorrow, and the reviews at audible hate the narrator.

I admit that I LOVED book 3, which I read, but I prefer to listen to books so advice? But I would like to start book 4 today as I clean my wreck of a house

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Did anyone listen to this book?

I admit that I LOVED book 3, which I read, but I prefer to listen to books so advice? B..."

Sorry, I read it, not listened to it, so I'm not much help there!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Trea wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Did anyone listen to this book?

I admit that I LOVED book 3, which I read, but I pr..."

I tried a sample, it wasn't that bad, but almost all the reviews mention the narrator is wrong for the Male character. So I am afraid to pull the trigger. But I have to read it by sunday so I need to decide my mode.
I am leaning towards reading it.

P.S. I changed my rating of Law Man to a 5-star because I re-read a few passages yesterday. That book is staying with me, so that must mean I loved it, right?

I still haven't read book 2 but the couple was in book 3

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "P.S. I changed my rating of Law Man to a 5-star because I re-read a few passages yesterday. That book is staying with me, so that must mean I loved it, right?"

I'd say so!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Trea wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "P.S. I changed my rating of Law Man to a 5-star because I re-read a few passages yesterday. That book is staying with me, so that must mean I loved it, right?"

..."

I have a thing for men who take on other people's kids and give them safe place...

message 26: by Penni (new) - added it

I haven't done motorcycle man yet. I have the audio from the library. It's the whole reason I've read this series. So maybe I will read it instead with the not overwhelming love if this series. Law man was ok for me. There were some parts I liked quite a bit. I still like the first one the best - yes I know -- and I can't stNd the second one. Couldn't get past his attitude that she should just accept that he used her for his investigation. If he'd seemed even remotely remorseful about it I probably could've handled it. But I never could get past his attitude in that.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Penni wrote: "I haven't done motorcycle man yet. I have the audio from the library. It's the whole reason I've read this series. So maybe I will read it instead with the not overwhelming love if this series. La..."

I am resigned to reading book 4 before book 2. I have a feeling that I won't like heroine in book 2 either so I want to continue keeping KA in my good graces just one more book

message 28: by Penni (new) - added it

I actually liked the heroine in the second one after I got over the first part where she makes sure he has his fave beer so he can more
Comfortably tell her why he thinks she's an ass for being upset that he lied to her and used her. She grew a bit more spine after that. And she'd had a lot to deal with and made a lot for herself before him and took on his family and other stuff. she was a lot stronger than it looked at the beginning.

Jennifer H Ezi, I listened to Motorcycle Man and I don't remember having any issues with the narrator.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔ wrote: "Ezi, I listened to Motorcycle Man and I don't remember having any issues with the narrator."

Thank you. I really wanted to listen and I needed someone to encourage me. I get audiobooks done, reading takes me 3-4 days

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Omg. This dude just said "I don't work with bitches who've had my dick in their mouth"
What an asshole!

Btw, I'm going to return the audio and read it instead. I think it reads better

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Omg. This dude just said "I don't work with bitches who've had my dick in their mouth"
What an asshole!

Btw, I'm going to return the audio and read it instead. I think it reads better"

Yeah, that was a pretty asshole move on Tack's part, but I love how Cherry just went after him and fought for the job she needed!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I think he just saw her as a red headed Trollop.
Go Cherry, put him in check

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) I like Cherry.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments This mo-fo told her to write down her phone #, get in your car and go home. I'll call you when I want a tart of your ass.

#caveman#asshole

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "This mo-fo told her to write down her phone #, get in your car and go home. I'll call you when I want a tart of your ass.

#caveman#asshole"

It gets better, really! She doesn't take his shit, and he comes to respect her.

message 37: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Dec 20, 2014 09:28PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Naomi is a beyotch. OMG.
Even her kids are calling her that. Where is the new husbsnd? Will he allow her to work for Tack?

Tyra isn't realky giving him the cold shoulder like he deserves after his comments. She's already kicking it with Tacks kids!!!!

Her dumb ass friend made her fiancé do dumb things, I mean who needs $10,000 on flowers

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Naomi is a beyotch. OMG.
Even her kids are calling her that. Where is the new husbsnd? Will he allow her to work for Tack?

Tyra isn't realky giving him the cold shoulder like he deserves after hi..."

Naomi's new hubby is a drug addict...later on Naomi does something really infuriating to get money to support his habit.

The friend is the star of the second Chaos book Fire Inside. Don't worry, she'll do even more stupid stuff before this book is through! And by stupid, I mean bat crap stupid!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments He's a drug addict? I thought he was just getting loans to support her expensive desires.
Yikes on Naomi. How the hell she does know her man the computer geek is a dope fiend?

Tack needs to talk to his kids about their mouth, seriously!

Ummmm Tyra honey, obviously your aunt was special ops. But you are a tad slow on the uptake!

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "He's a drug addict? I thought he was just getting loans to support her expensive desires.
Yikes on Naomi. How the hell she does know her man the computer geek is a dope fiend?

Tack needs to talk t..."

Naomi is Tack's Ex-Wife. Her hubby can't hold down a job and Naomi supports them as she can, to the point where (view spoiler) Lanie has the computer geek fiancé/hubby that is the computer geek that is (view spoiler)

The aunt made the book for me, especially how she related to Hawk and crew!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Trea wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "He's a drug addict? I thought he was just getting loans to support her expensive desires.
Yikes on Naomi. How the hell she does know her man the computer geek is..."

Thank you. I had names all jacked up

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Thank you. I had names all jacked up"

Sure thing! *goes off to read your review to find out what you thought of it*

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Because I am enjoying reading Wild Man, I will return and re-read this book again. Listening to Kristen Ashley is a bad idea.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I am sorry but I didn't like Motorcycle man anybetter.
I just thought Tack was pushy and overbearing. I thought Tess was a way stronger heroine that Red headed doormat.
I saw Tyra trying to get inner bike babe persona, but it didn't work.

Umm, re: Tack's kid.
Who in their right mind would hit his kid?

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Umm, re: Tack's kid.
Who in their right mind would hit his kid?"

Someone obviously not in their right mind who doesn't know who Tack is!

Sorry you didn't enjoy it any better the second time around!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments Trea wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Umm, re: Tack's kid.
Who in their right mind would hit his kid?"

Someone obviously not in their right mind who doesn't know who Tack is!

Sorry you didn't enjoy..."

i wish I read Law man...for the 3x. i freaking love that book. i did like Tessa's book too, BTW

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "i wish I read Law man...for the 3x. i freaking love that book. i did like Tessa's book too, BTW"

And, see I'm the exact opposite! Tessa's book wasn't too bad, I gave it 3 stars, but I really didn't like Law Man. Yet I loved Motorcycle Man! Just goes to show that we all have different reactions to books!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1880 comments I couldn't stand Sharp as a tack Kane

message 49: by Penni (new) - added it

Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "I couldn't stand Sharp as a tack Kane"

:-( I liked him a lot in the first one.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.