Literary Lions discussion

Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Dog on It
Our Nov. choice for a book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy (last edited Oct 29, 2014 10:17AM) (new)

Peggy | 58 comments Mod
Why don't we try something completely different for November. This is a mystery (new), there's a lot of humor (new), and the dog is the one telling the story (totally new)! Also, none of you have read it.

What do you guys think?

message 2: by Dhara (new)

Dhara Marfatia | 14 comments That's sounds really good
I'm not really a dog person though, like at all, so I don't really know if I would understand the book too well.
I have another book suggestion that seems really good; I haven't read it so it'll be hopefully new for everyone!
It's called "The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler. I'm sure you've heard of it; it was the book where 2 friends find their Facebook page from 15 years in the future (takes place in 1996) but Facebook wasn't invented yet for them, so the story basically goes from there.
Another book is called "Tangled" also by Carolyn Mackler. It's about 4 people you go to the Caribbean, they don't know any of each other, and it's about them having their entire lives change, completely. They are completely different people with completely different backgrounds, and i saw it and got interested so just wondering if anyone else wants to.
My explanation might be slightly vague so you can just search up on Goodreads and see if you'd like it or not.
I am just suggesting these books for now, we don't have to read it if you don't want to. :)

message 3: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 58 comments Mod
You don't have to know or even like dogs to love this book. He is just another (not too smart) character.

message 4: by Peggy (new)

Peggy | 58 comments Mod
Hey Everyone,

Since time is slipping away and only 4 people have joined our group through Goodreads (WELCOME YELIZ!!, I'm going to pull rank and say that our Nov. book is "Dog On It" by Spenser Quinn. I have ordered copies to come to the Library. For any new members, just come to the front desk of the library and ask for the Teen Book Club book. Read it by November 19 and join us at 3:00 at the Library to discuss it (and anything else that comes to mind). We meet in the upstairs room.

THIS IS NOT SCHOOL!! Come even if you haven't finished it. There will NOT be a quiz, just lively discussion and a lot of laughs. I will provide a healthy snack but you can bring a drink and/or food.

See you there!