What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary romance from 80's in Wales

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Wilck | 4 comments I read a contemporary romance that was published in the 80s (I think). The heroine is a model whose husband dies and she and her step son inherit a home/castle in Wales. She decides it would be a great place for a fashion shoot and she brings her model friends and photographers there. While there, she meets a recluse who lost a foot in a war (or something) and they fall in love. Anyone know what this title was?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Jennifer, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Jennifer, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response to this in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Wilck | 4 comments I'm still looking.

message 5: by Kris (last edited May 14, 2019 03:26PM) (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
Thanks for the update, Jennifer. I moved your request back to the "Unsolved" folder.

Around what year did you read this book?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, sad, funny at times, etc.?

Is this a beauty-and-beast retelling?

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Wilck | 4 comments Hi, I read it in the early 2000s, but got it from the library and it was old, which is why I think it was from the 80s or 90s. It was a Harlequin--angsty, beauty & the beast retelling, steamy. The cover was white and the hero and heroine were in a circle on the front in color.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Is it definitely Wales, or possibly England/Scotland/Ireland?

Who does she inherit the home/castle from? Why her and not another relative?

Can you tell us more about her husband - his job, how they met, how he died, where they lived, his son's age, etc.?

message 8: by Kris (new)

A House Called Bellevigne by Jacqueline Gilbert?

(www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch > Keywords: harlequin model inherits | 1960-1995 ? | Not juvenile | Fiction | Book | English)

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Wilck | 4 comments Hi, first of all, I don't think it's A House Called Bellevigne. Doesn't sound right. Second, I'm pretty sure it's Wales. Definitely not Ireland. She and her husband and her stepson lived in NY. When her husband died, he left her the house in Wales and she took the stepson and went there. Struck by the beauty of the location, she contacted her model friends to come out for a photo shoot. She meets a man who is I think the neighbor and who is happy with the solitude. He doesn't like the attention all the models brings. I think the son is somewhere between 7 and 14. Not too rebellious/not too young. Husband might have been a photographer, since she is a model.

Jennifer wrote: "Hi, I read it in the early 2000s, but got it from the library and it was old, which is why I think it was from the 80s or 90s. It was a Harlequin--angsty, beauty & the beast retelling, steamy. The ..."

Jennifer wrote: "Hi, I read it in the early 2000s, but got it from the library and it was old, which is why I think it was from the 80s or 90s. It was a Harlequin--angsty, beauty & the beast retelling, steamy. The ..."

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A House Called Bellevigne (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jacqueline Gilbert (other topics)