Into the Forest discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shereen (last edited Oct 29, 2014 07:19AM) (new)

Shereen Vedam | 145 comments One Winter's Night is a new release Christmas Regency (historical) Anthology. And one of the novellas in it is mine, called A Season for Giving.

Although the main focus of all of these 4 romance tales is Christmas, mine was also inspired by the fairytale Goldilocks.

The hardest part of editing this Christmas novella was eliminating all mention of the word "Goldilocks" (important to keep the focus clear in themed works).

But I love fairy tales and I think they have much to teach us about living. As a result, I rarely follow what I'm "supposed" to do.

So if any of you enjoy Christmas tales, I hope you check out this historical romance anthology. And if you do, here are a few hints (wink, wink) of what to look for while "Into the Forest":

- Goldilocks' picky personality
- the theme of what can happen when someone intently or inadvertently betrays another person's trust
- porridge and the 3 bears (in more than 1 variation)!
and we can't forget...
- the importance of family dynamics that this particular fairytale speaks so eloquently about

One Winter's Night: A Regency Yuletide Collection
One Winter's Night A Regency Yuletide Collection by Jo Ann Ferguson

message 2: by Shereen (last edited Nov 07, 2014 07:40AM) (new)

Shereen Vedam | 145 comments I know, Alicia, and I really wanted to use it, since it ties in with my next 3 books coming out (and the last one that was published) that are fairytale-inspired (not so much strictly re-tellings, as much as "inspired by themes" found in a particular fairy tale).

It was taken out for a solid reason:
- this anthology is a Christmas themed book (has 3 other authors with wonderful Christmas novellas in it) and it was felt that it would be better to focus on the Christmas aspect of the story.

What it comes down to is that, basically I'm terrible when it comes to keeping my stories clear and straight forward. Pretty much all my works have mystery, romance, fairy tale, fantasy, paranormal, etc. etc. (and in this case, Christmas!) themes woven in.

Picture my writing as a ball of yarn of many colors, and they were simply trying to unravel one of the threads that matches the other three strands of this pretty cool anthology, to highlight. :)

description

message 3: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah | 4438 comments Mod
How did I miss this thread! Shereen I really enjoyed A Beastly Scandal and look forward to reading this!

message 4: by Shereen (new)

Shereen Vedam | 145 comments Jalilah, glad to hear that, and if it feels too pricey, ask you local library to order it in. :)

message 5: by Shereen (new)

Shereen Vedam | 145 comments :)

message 6: by Shereen (new)

Shereen Vedam | 145 comments I've posted the opening of this paranormal novella at the link below (don't get to meet Goldilocks, but the hero (one of the 3 bears) is in the opening scene:

Read an excerpt from A Season for Giving from this Christmas Regency romance anthology.

One Winter's Night A Regency Yuletide Collection by Jo Ann Ferguson
One Winter's Night: A Regency Yuletide Collection