Outlander Series discussion

Outlander on Starz S2 > Season 2 General discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 203 (203 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments hey guys

throwing this up, since rumor is that season 2 is going to start filming around Feb/Mar...

please make sure you keep discussions limited to Dragonfly in Amber and Outlander - none of the later books

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments thank you, Dee. I'm in the middle of my re-read (3rd go round) of DIA, so this will be helpful. I read the same thing, with Sam saying they start shooting in Feb.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane (Tvor) | 19 comments I'm anxious to see who they cast as Brianna and Roger. I've been quite pleased with all the cast so far, they've done a great job!

message 4: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments I'm already missing the Highlanders in DIA so I'm hoping Ron works the boyos in somewhere, somehow. I"m wondering who they'll get for BJR's brother. Does Tobias have a look-a-like out there?

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments Him play 3 characters? Or too much

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments split screen? probably not.

message 7: by MissSusie (last edited Oct 31, 2014 10:41AM) (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments I thought I had heard that Tobias would be playing his brother as well? I could be wrong but...

I can't wait to see who will play Brianna, Roger and Fergus.

And I can't wait to see the clothes from the French Court especially the Red Dress and the Mistresses dress that shows her nipples pierced just so curious about that dress, and the scenes in and around that evening!

message 8: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments Those swans!!!

message 9: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments Ellen wrote: "Those swans!!!"

Yes!

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary (poetsdream) | 196 comments Ellen wrote: "I'm already missing the Highlanders in DIA so I'm hoping Ron works the boyos in somewhere, somehow. I"m wondering who they'll get for BJR's brother. Does Tobias have a look-a-like out there?"

Dougal does come to Paris, and helps Claire when Jamie is in prison, and Murtagh is there as well. So is Geillis but she has a different name. Plus Jamie's cousin Jarrod is a Scot.

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary (poetsdream) | 196 comments Dee wrote: "Him play 3 characters? Or too much"

I don't see why not, with CGI today you could do it pretty easily. Also, there will not be much need for Frank so giving him the role of Alex as well, could give Tobias more screen time. I think I would.

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary (poetsdream) | 196 comments MissSusie wrote: "I thought I had heard that Tobias would be playing his brother as well? I could be wrong but...

And I can't wait to see the clothes fr..."

It probably won't be red, as Ron said he only want red for Red Coats.. Just like the wedding kilt (LOL!)

message 13: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments Mary wrote: "MissSusie wrote: "I thought I had heard that Tobias would be playing his brother as well? I could be wrong but...

And I can't wait to ..."

Not sure about that because Terry has mentioned that dress...It may be different next season because DIA is set so much in France and there isn't too many redcoats.

message 14: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments we can hope..... ( re: swans). It would be a feat, but it's a minor character, unless they give her more play, since she's the King's consort.

message 15: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments Ellen wrote: "we can hope..... ( re: swans). It would be a feat, but it's a minor character, unless they give her more play, since she's the King's consort."

As long as they have the scenes in her crazy dress and the scenes of her and Claire getting shaved and Jamie's reaction to it, I'll be happy it's one of my favorite scenes in DIA.

message 16: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments @Mary:
So is Geillis but she has a different name.

We don't run across Gellis in the book, right? It's not until later that she shows up and reveals that she had been in Paris at the same time as Jamie and Claire....or am I mistaken, lost, and Outlander-confused? In my rhensh cups again?
It would be great if they kept her in DIA, though, since she lends so much to the screen.

message 17: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments Ellen wrote: "@Mary:

We don't run across Gellis in the book, right? It's not until later that she shows up and reveals that she had been in Paris at the same time a..."

I do believe you are right I don't think they run into Geillis in France.

message 18: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 146 comments gertt wrote: "MissSusie wrote: "Ellen wrote: "As long as they have the scenes in her crazy dress and the scenes of her and Claire getting shaved and Jamie's reaction to it, I'll be happy it's one of my favorite ..."

Yes because Claire almost has a heart attack when she sees him and goes running to find Jamie before he sees him. She thought it was a ghost at first because at this time they think BJR to be dead from being trampled.

message 19: by Mrsbooks (last edited Nov 01, 2014 03:46AM) (new)

Mrsbooks | 398 comments Ellen wrote: "@Mary: (view spoiler)

Yes, this is in Voyager.

message 20: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments Ellen wrote: "@Mary:

We don't run across Gellis in the book, right? It's not until later that she shows up and reveals that she had been in Paris at the same time a..."

I'm answering my own question here....Gellie does indeed show up at the end of DIA when Brianna, Claire and Roger track her down at Craigh na Dunh, as she leaps through the cleft stone back into time. In the '60's. So if they treat the second season as per book, the entire thing will be a flashback, with Claire recounting her story. Beginning and end are "present day" and the rest is.....the entire book.

message 21: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 398 comments Ellen wrote: "Ellen wrote: "@Mary:

We don't run across Gellis in the book, right? It's not until later that she shows up and reveals that she had been in Paris at t..."

I wouldn't be surprised if they add scenes with her. Because in the book, all we see of her is her quickly running through the stones. No words, no nothing. Very brief.

message 22: by Mary (last edited Nov 01, 2014 08:56AM) (new)

Mary (poetsdream) | 196 comments Ellen wrote: "@Mary:

We don't run across Geillis in the book, right? It's not until later that she shows up and reveals that she had been in Paris at the same time a..."

She's there it's just that Claire doesn't see her but she does know the name and the woman reputation when she's there. Other people in Paris did know her. That was one of the reason's Dougal went in Paris. So they could do scenes with Geillis in Paris in the TV series if they wanted to. Geillis and Dougal, Geillis and Master Raymond, Geillis and the women of the court. They've written scripts for others not in the book. Geillis stuff might be interesting as well don't you think?

message 23: by Mary (new)

Mary (poetsdream) | 196 comments Ellen wrote: "Ellen wrote: "@Mary:

We don't run across Gellis in the book, right? It's not until later that she shows up and reveals that she had been in Paris at t..."

Yes that part as well, when she kill her husband, Bree, Claire and Roger all see that.

message 24: by Mary (new)

Mary (poetsdream) | 196 comments Ellen wrote: "Those swans!!!"

I don't remember the swans, refresh my memory..

message 25: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments @Mary said: I don't remember the swans, refresh my memory.. '''''

Jeweled swans, connected face to face with chains as ornamentation on her nipple rings/bosom on the consort to King Louis

message 26: by Mary (new)

Mary (poetsdream) | 196 comments Ellen wrote: "@Mary said: I don't remember the swans, refresh my memory.. '''''

Jeweled swans, connected face to face with chains as ornamentation on her nipple rings/bosom on the consort to King Louis"

Oh yes, now I remember, thanks..

message 27: by Patty (new)

Patty | 190 comments MissSusie wrote: "I thought I had heard that Tobias would be playing his brother as well? I could be wrong but..."

I know in one of the group interviews Tobias joked about playing BJR bother Alex.

message 28: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments Tobias has hot and heavy coming up in the 2nd half, and lots in Season 2. I wouldn't wish a third role on the poor guy. I hope it was just a joke. But hey, if he's game....

message 29: by Cathrin (new)

Cathrin I wonder what they do about Claire (and later Jamie) being 20 years older.

message 30: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 398 comments I don't think it would be too difficult for Tobias to do a 3rd role. As an actor he'd probably love the idea.

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments I think it'll be pretty easy to make them look older - make-up; hair color etc

message 32: by Ellen (last edited Nov 04, 2014 04:34AM) (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments I'm more curious about the French Court, and the places outside of Scotland. since it looks like Scotland ( or maybe the UK) has contributed a major chunk to funding, I'm wondering if they will be doing any locations abroad or building sets.

message 33: by Carren (new)

Carren Kay | 953 comments If memory serves, I think I read that RM said that they would film most of the 2nd season in Scotland, looking for places that resemble Paris.

message 34: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments Thank you, Carren. fingers crossed for a bit of France anyway.

message 35: by Carol (new)

Carol | 193 comments Sunflower wrote: "I wonder what they do about Claire (and later Jamie) being 20 years older."

Diana has stated (somewhere) that as both actors are really in their 30's, it should not be too difficult to make them up to look a bit older. Also, remember that Claire looks significantly younger than the women of the 18th century - she has all her teeth! Jamie does as well, due to his having listened to her about dental hygiene and eating greens all those years while she was gone. A little hair dye to add some silver threads, which is all that is described in the books that either of them have, and they are all good!

message 36: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments Carol wrote: "Sunflower wrote: "I wonder what they do about Claire (and later Jamie) being 20 years older."

Diana has stated (somewhere) that as both actors are really in their 30's, it should not be too diffic..."

It is funny every time I read about the teeth thing I feel like I wish my teeth kept me from looking old. My teeth are fine and I don't have wrinkles but the dark circles under my eyes really are what age me.

message 37: by Carol (new)

Carol | 193 comments There are things that can help with that starting with cucumber slices, but Clinique and other companies have some really good products - or - talk to an allergist. My husband has that problem, too.

message 38: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments Thanks for the advise. I just bought some products from Avon and they came last Friday (trick or treat for me) I have been using the banishing cream for some darker spots on my face and a dark circle reducer for my eyes and a moisturizer and skin firming cream. Well last night my 8 year old told me I look like I am in my 20's :). I can see a bit of a difference but I would not go that far. This is a big step for me because before that I would use a generic oil of olay moisturizer when i got out of the shower and that is it. I have had the same bottle for 6 years I used it so little. Now that I am 48 and starting menopause I can see the difference in my skin and it is about time I take some care of it.

message 39: by Carol (new)

Carol | 193 comments Good for you!!

message 40: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments "My husband says I still look the same to him as I did when we married...older men and 8 year olds say the sweetest things. "

My husband is the same way! It is not just BS either I can tell by the look in his eye when he is seeing the bride he married at 19 almost 29 years ago.

message 41: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments :) he is my Jamie

message 42: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 398 comments gertt wrote: "Sunflower wrote: "I wonder what they do about Claire (and later Jamie) being 20 years older."

Claire is still attractive at 60 (Echo), so I don't think she'll change much at the age of 40. Actuall..."

40 is one thing. But at 50 people usually really start to show their age.

message 43: by Donna (new)

Donna Simmons (drspurdue) | 33 comments Sunflower wrote: "I wonder what they do about Claire (and later Jamie) being 20 years older."

Actually this was discussed in August - go to this you tube video - I think a 3rd character for Tobias may have been about half way though

message 44: by Donna (new)

Donna Simmons (drspurdue) | 33 comments gertt wrote: "That's sweet."

This is actually mentioned several times throughout the books - because Claire knows about proper nutrition and such. People actually believe Claire to be younger than she. Even Jaime in Outlander thought she was his age or younger and I believe Claire is 5 years older

message 45: by Cathrin (new)

Cathrin Donna, I think you forgot a link to the video :)

message 47: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments Right, at the 92nd St. Y, and I thought they were joking about Tobias taking on the third role.

message 48: by Donna (new)

Donna Simmons (drspurdue) | 33 comments Ellen wrote: "Right, at the 92nd St. Y, and I thought they were joking about Tobias taking on the third role."

I actually think they were joking - but in Dragonfly; initially both Claire and Jaime think it's Black Jack instead of his brother Alexander. - SO I guess it would be possible for Tobias to also be that character. But there is at least two scene, one when Claire is doctoring Alexander and the second when BJ marry Mary Hawkins that both Black Jack and Alexander are in scene - that could be problematic but it has been done in movies before.

message 49: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (EllenChristine) | 245 comments Maybe they'll luck out and find someone with the same profile

message 50: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments maybe he has a brother ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5