Jim Goforth Horror Author discussion

19 views
General > Intros

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
I'm Jim. You might have already guessed that, well spotted. Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask. In the mean time, introduce yourself and tell me a bit about you.


message 2: by T.S. (new)

T.S. | 6 comments I am T.S. Woolard. I'm actually in Floppy Shoes Apocalypse with you (Jim, for anyone else), and have a short story collection named Solo Circus. I am a Washington Redskins, Florida State Seminoles, Boston Redsox, and Bray Wyatt fan.

Where do you live in Aus., Jim?


message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
T.S. wrote: "I am T.S. Woolard. I'm actually in Floppy Shoes Apocalypse with you (Jim, for anyone else), and have a short story collection named Solo Circus. I am a Washington Redskins, Florida State Seminoles,..."

I currently live in a shonky little town called Holbrook where most of the townspeople think that being a horror writer equates to being a serial killer :D Most of my life I lived in Sydney though.


message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Sandberg (lisasandberg) | 16 comments Hello
I am Lisa. I live in Iowa, USA. Boring, haha. Actually it's not so bad since I moved from my home town to a bigger city, so much more to do.
I have lived many places and some of my family and friends call me a gypsy. :)
I read many types of books, my favorites being horror and post apocalyptic. I write reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, and Word Press, they also post to my Facebook.
Thanks for inviting me into your group, Jim.


message 5: by Essel (new)

Essel Pratt (esselpratt) | 1 comments Hello, I am Scott and I write under the Pen Name Essel Pratt.

I am a psychology major, it department project manager, Internet writer, and author of Final Reverie and ABC's of Zombie Friendship.

I appear in nearly 30 anthologies and am working on a couple of new novels.

If you want to follow my work, like me at facebook.com/EsselPrattWriting


message 6: by Tony (new)

Tony Sarrecchia (tonythescribe) | 3 comments Hey Jim, Tony here. I really enjoyed Plebs. It reminded me the type of horror movies that were made back in the 80s.

I am the creator and writer for the Harry Strange Radio drama, a full-cast audio play about a private eye and his encounters with the supernatural. A fan told me that Harry Strange reminded him of a mash-up between Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar and Constantine.

Looking forward to your sequel.


message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "Hello
I am Lisa. I live in Iowa, USA. Boring, haha. Actually it's not so bad since I moved from my home town to a bigger city, so much more to do.
I have lived many places and some of my family an..."


Haha, no problem Lisa :) I know the feeling of moving around a lot. I've lived in so many different places, I've just about lost count. Welcome to the group. It's a bit erratic at the moment, but I'll try and keep it updated as often as possible.


message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
Essel wrote: "Hello, I am Scott and I write under the Pen Name Essel Pratt.

I am a psychology major, it department project manager, Internet writer, and author of Final Reverie and ABC's of Zombie Friendship.

..."


Scott, you are the king of anthos for sure. I've got a long way to go before being anywhere near that amount :)


message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
Tony wrote: "Hey Jim, Tony here. I really enjoyed Plebs. It reminded me the type of horror movies that were made back in the 80s.

I am the creator and writer for the Harry Strange Radio drama, a full-cast aud..."


Cheers Tony! Around 100k into the follow up to Plebs, hopefully trying to finish it before it doubles that size. Digging the sound of Harry Strange most definitely.


message 10: by Tony (new)

Tony Sarrecchia (tonythescribe) | 3 comments 100k? Wow. I'd be getting ready to edit that one and thinking about the next one. Bravo!


message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
Tony wrote: "100k? Wow. I'd be getting ready to edit that one and thinking about the next one. Bravo!"

Plebs was in excess of 180k. This one is shaping up to be similar in length...


message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez I seem to have missed this thread haha
I'm Michael currently living in the U.S. I'm the author of When Angels Fail and look forward to getting some (if not all) of your work read Jim!


message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "I seem to have missed this thread haha
I'm Michael currently living in the U.S. I'm the author of When Angels Fail and look forward to getting some (if not all) of your work read Jim!"


Cheers Michael! I'll have to have a look into When Angels Fail too.


message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily (emmyd0731) | 4 comments Jim wrote: "Tony wrote: "100k? Wow. I'd be getting ready to edit that one and thinking about the next one. Bravo!"

Plebs was in excess of 180k. This one is shaping up to be similar in length..."


I am very excited to hear about a sequel to Plebs!


message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
Emily wrote: "Jim wrote: "Tony wrote: "100k? Wow. I'd be getting ready to edit that one and thinking about the next one. Bravo!"

Plebs was in excess of 180k. This one is shaping up to be similar in length..."

..."


Awesome Emily :) Some time next year most likely. A couple of other books will be coming first.


message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily (emmyd0731) | 4 comments Jim wrote: "Awesome Emily :) Some time next year most likely. A couple of other books will be coming first."

I look forward to more books too!

And regarding "Plebs 2"...more Blaise, please. :)


message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim Goforth | 67 comments Mod
Emily wrote: "Jim wrote: "Awesome Emily :) Some time next year most likely. A couple of other books will be coming first."

I look forward to more books too!

And regarding "Plebs 2"...more Blaise, please. :)"


Good to see someone loves Blaise as much as me. I love all those girls :D


message 18: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelnoe) | 7 comments How did I miss this? I'm Mike a splatterpunk author residing in Barberton Ohio and the author of Legacy a novella released through Morbidbooks. Can't to read the sequel to Plebs


back to top