What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. car, romance and a boyish girl

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by tomoyo (new)

tomoyo | 8 comments i am looking for two books that i read sometime in 1990's. i really like the story and want to own it as collection but i don't remember the title or author or any of the cover.huhu...hopefully anyone can help me find the title so that i can buy it online.

1. is about a car racer and a girl who loves car, she act like tomboy. she rather spend her time repairing cars rather than hanging out with her girlfriends. she has nice friends though. this car racer stop racing because he was in an accident before. they fell in love but later get into fight because the girl saw the guy back into track but actually he was only test driving.

2. about this girl who went to work at this widower house. it was said that the man killed his wife. there's some push and pull but they fall in love later. i don't remember much about the plot, but hope this is enough as a hint.

thank you in advance for helping...

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) | 211 comments The first book you describe is kind of like Metro Girl
I didn't get a chance to read the second one in the series.
Motor Mouth
Also, they were published in 2005 & 2006, so maybe too late for what you're looking for.

message 3: by tomoyo (new)

tomoyo | 8 comments Yeah, it does like Metro Girl but I don't remember about crime or was it just a romance novel.The description is like Serendipity Samantha too, found the book while searching yesterday. I guess it doesn't hurt to own another book.

What about the second book, you have any idea?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Tomoyo, please split off your second request into a new thread. Otherwise it gets very confusing.

Also I'm moving this to Unsolved which is where requests for specific books go.

message 5: by tomoyo (new)

tomoyo | 8 comments thanks for the heads up Lobstergirl, i will.

message 6: by tomoyo (new)

tomoyo | 8 comments so i've found two other possible book which are Race for Revenge and A Vintage Affair but the synopsis or review is not enough to confirm which book.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Race for Revenge has a Look Inside preview on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Race-Revenge-Ly...

message 8: by tomoyo (new)

tomoyo | 8 comments Thanks Kris...already read the preview but still nothing's come to mind regarding that part. if only we have used bookstore here in my hometown.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Tomoyo, are you still looking for the race car driver book or did you find it? (Tomoyo created a separate thread for the second book.)

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Tomoyo, are you still looking for the race car driver book or did you find it? (Tomoyo created a separate thread for the second book.)"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.