What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Adventure, Treasure Hunting, Boy and Girl duo, either Trilogy or Quartet

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (bookblubbs) So this boy and girl are taking lessons in this trailer and they're in Egypt, next to this pyramid. There are archeologists and they work for the girl's dad who is an archeologist himself. The boy's mom is an actress (I think) and I think she's there too. The mother's boyfriend is rich and owns a helicopter. (SPOILERS) The boyfriend is evil and is racing against the boy and girl to get the sacred treasures first. I rememver at least two locations of the treasures, one in Egypt and one in India/Asia. The boy and girl solved the puzzle of the first sacred treasure (I remember there was a circular room) and the boyfriend confronted them. Also, there was another particular detail I remember; the girl had a diary that recorded (or some sort of diary possibly just a recorder) and spoke into it to distract the guards sent by the boyfriend while the girl and boy snuck out to search for the treasure. I also remember another puzzle was based on the Chinese myth of a woman and a man only being able to meet each other once a year or something (this might not actually be in the book). Thank you!!
I also read this when I was in 3rd-5th grade which is around 2008 or 2007.

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (bookblubbs) It is really similar to that but no, sorry :( thank you so much though!

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (bookblubbs) Can anyone else help??

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
A long shot because this series is about a brother and sister (and their father who is an archeologist) - The Tombs of Anak by Frank E. Peretti? Series = https://www.goodreads.com/series/4088...

Are there two separate books about Egypt and China?

No time travel?

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (bookblubbs) No they are definitely not siblings and no time travel (sorry!)

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (bookblubbs) Oh and yes they are separate books but its like a trilogy or some sort

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Sandra, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (bookblubbs) Yup found it a year ago, thank you!

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

What was it?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Sandra left the group. Moving to Abandoned.