Chicks On Lit discussion

Just for Fun > National Novel Writing Month 2014

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Is anyone participating this year's Nanowrimo, NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth? If you don't know what it's about, check out their website nanowrimo.org.

I've done it before, but have taken a few years off. I'm going to try it again starting November 1. It's great fun!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Ham | 1 comments Let us know how you go!

message 3: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Is anyone else doing this? I just hit 10k! Though I'm about 5000 words behind schedule, it's still fun!

message 4: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments I hit the goal of 50,000 words this afternoon!! It is a wonderful feeling to be able to say I finished writing a book, well, kinda. It will need a great deal more research and probably even more revisions, but I have a start on the page, which was the whole point of this month of torture fun.

message 5: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
So what is your great American novel about? (or would you prefer not to say?)

message 6: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments I wrote a fictionalized version of the life and crimes of Cassie Chadwick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassie_C...). Fascinating woman, I couldn't believe no one else jumped on this bandwagon! But this is just a first draft, I need to do a bunch of research and then revise it.

Ideally, I would like to go to Cleveland and do some in person research, maybe over the summer, and by this time next year (maybe? hopefully?) have a much more finished product.

message 7: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
Wow, that sounds very interesting! What a great subject. I'd never heard of her, but she sounds like she is a very adventuresome woman! LOL
Let me know if you ever publish it! I would love to buy a copy to read! :-)

message 8: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Adventuresome indeed! :)

I hope to publish it, it was fun to write. I'll keep you posted! Thanks!