The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) The Blood of Olympus discussion


273 views
Who Has the Best Characterization in the whole Heroes of Olympus Series and Who Has the WORST CHARACTERIZATION in HOO series?

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (new) - rated it 4 stars

M Liu Percy Jackson!!!
- that was hard because of Leo, but with Leo being so ... with the girlfriend - confidence - hazel - other crushes department, percy was still better

and jason's was the worst, hands down


message 2: by M (new) - rated it 4 stars

M Liu hw can leo be worst?
or percy in the worse category?

how can anyone with such an awesome-amazing personality and sense of humor not be appreciated?

HOW???


Aderonke Before BOO
Best Percy Jackson
Worst Jason Grace

After BOO
Best Reyna Ramirez-Arellano/Nico di Angelo
Worst Leo Valdez


Rachel Lee ѵíղíԵɑ wrote: "Before BOO
Best Percy Jackson
Worst Jason Grace

After BOO
Best Reyna Ramirez-Arellano/Nico di Angelo
Worst Leo Valdez"


couldn't agree more


nekku Rachel wrote: "ѵíղíԵɑ wrote: "Before BOO
Best Percy Jackson
Worst Jason Grace

After BOO
Best Reyna Ramirez-Arellano/Nico di Angelo
Worst Leo Valdez"

couldn't agree more"


Definitely this one.


Nicole What about Frank? He didn't seem to have a ton of characterization to me...


message 7: by Jillian (new) - added it

Jillian Nathan Nicole wrote: "What about Frank? He didn't seem to have a ton of characterization to me..."

That is exactly what I thought too. He and Hazel hardly did anything in the book.


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

ѵíղíԵɑ wrote: "Before BOO
Best Percy Jackson
Worst Jason Grace

After BOO
Best Reyna Ramirez-Arellano/Nico di Angelo
Worst Leo Valdez"


Agree 100%.


message 9: by M (new) - rated it 4 stars

M Liu KryZad The Last Knight Templar wrote: "Frank was given too much in House of Hades. Come on, think about it. From a baby faced archer, he is now the frikkin Praetor of the 12th Legion Fulminata and is muscular as hell and can turn to dra..."

...really dude? need i remind u of the fact that he is one of the 7? so he is kind of entitled to being too much? and that the same thing basically happens to every single main protagonists in this type of book since like....Gilgamesh


message 10: by M (new) - rated it 4 stars

M Liu i just really wish he did percy's narration in BoO.

plus u yourself said that u liked nico's(who is one of the AP escorts) characterization the best


Will Solace KryZad The Last Knight Templar wrote: "If you disagree to disagree, means you freaking' agree. And, disagreement doesnt make things worse. It makes things better, because when people disagree, they present opinions they are entitled to ..."

"Education works better with a multitude of tongues rather than just one voice."

So basically we can have our opinions and disagreeing does make things better.

Also the Illuminati:

An ancient group formed after the Bavarian Illuminati that is against sexist, racist, homophobic, and haters basically.

Been around since like 1776.

Yes it exists.

I'm part of it.

I'm part of a secret society so secret I didn't even know I was in it. *gasp*


Will Solace Leah wrote: "Will Solace wrote: "KryZad The Last Knight Templar wrote: "If you disagree to disagree, means you freaking' agree. And, disagreement doesnt make things worse. It makes things better, because when p..."

Hm I don't think so.


Will Solace Leah wrote: "Okay whatever you might like it. I mean it's a fangirl series but you never know."

FANGIRL SERIES YOU SAY?

I MUST READ IT.


Will Solace Leah wrote: "Yep
do you want the author???

FAN GIRL SERIES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


YES.

YES THEY DO.


Will Solace Leah wrote: "wait what do you want the author?????"

Are you the author?


Will Solace Leah wrote: "So it's a series Matched Crossed and Reached by Ally Condie"

I've heard of it but never read it.


Will Solace OKAY I WILL.


Will Solace MENTALLY UNSTABLE POTATOES.


Will Solace Leah wrote: "What
I THOUGHT ALL POTATERS WERE UNSTABLE

I THINK I AM MENTALLY UNSTABLE RIGHT NOW. I NEED HELP.

STARBURST IS GOOD."


WE ARE ALL MENTALLY UNSTABLE POTATOES.


Will Solace Leah wrote: "OKAY
GOOD TO KNOW
BUT SHOULDN'T YOU BE STABLE BECAUSE YOU WORK IN THE INFIRMARY
IF ANY ONE SHOWS UP AT CAMP HALF BLOOD SOON IT MIGHT BE ME I AM JUST WANDERING AROUND."


NAME AND PARENT.

*gasp of shock*

You- You've been claimed by- *passes out*


Will Solace Leah wrote: "WAIT WHAT HEY I JUST SHOWED UP AND YOU KNOW MY NAME IT'S AT THE TOP OF THE MESSAGE
LEAH K"


*I AM PASSED OUT WOMAN HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO YELL AT ME WHEN I AM NOT CONSCIOUS TO HEAR IT*


Will Solace Leah wrote: "HOW COULD YOU TYPE THEN?
AND I AM NOT YELLING I JUST LOVE CAPS LOCK"


*FELLOW LOVER OF CAPS LOCK*


Will Solace *Regains consciousness*

Your name is Leah?

Your parent has claimed you.

You- you are a daughter of *insert god I couldn't think of*


Will Solace CAUSE I AM SCARED OF YOU GURL YOUR GODLY PARENT SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE.


Will Solace Leah wrote: "WAIT WHAT I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SEE THE GLOWING SIGN I LOOKED UP TO LATE. TELL ME WHO MY PARENT IS
PLEAS DON'T BE SCARED OF ME CHIRON SAYS I HAVE TO GO TO THE INFIRMARY SINCE I'VE BEEN WANDERING ALO..."


WELL FINE BUT STAY BACK.

I DON'T WANT ANY DAUGHTER OF HADES GIVING ME TROUBLE.

YOU SHOULN'T EXIST.

BIANCA.

(Go with it)


Will Solace YES BIANCA HOW ARE YOU ALIVE???

GET YOUR ASS OVER TO THE INFIRMARY I NEED TO SEE THIS.

*le forceful drag to infirmary*

*le Nico is in room*

*le Nico sees you*


Will Solace Leah wrote: "SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW WILL I BARELY KNOW YOU AND I DON'T KNOW NICO VERY WELL EITHER

*STUMBLING ALONG*

*GASP AS I SEE NICO*

*TRY TO BREAK FREE OF YOUR GRIP TO HUG NICO. GRIP TO STRONG*"


*LETS GO OF YOU*

Nico you have a visitor.


Will Solace *shuts door*

*eavesdropping*


Will Solace *runs away*

Routine medical stuff...


Will Solace No mind you.


message 32: by Nat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nat best: leo
worst: jason


message 33: by Riya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Riya Best:Leo
Worst:frank


message 34: by Riya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Riya How could someone hate Leo


Diana Braxton Best: Piper
Worst: Percy

This isn't who my favorite is, just who I think Rick contributed the most effort to in the character development.


Rachel Jackson ^Wow mine is the exact opposite xD
But I get your point. Im telling you whose characterisation I liked the the best.


message 37: by Jayda (last edited May 03, 2015 11:21PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jayda I feel like the person who Rick put in the most time to characterize is Piper.
And if we are just talking about Hoo I think Percy or Jason had the least, because if you had not read the PJO series Percy would not seem as impressive in Hoo especially in BoO. Sure you hear about what Percy did, but to me Percy felt like a side character to me. And Jason seemed one sided.

Though personally Percy is my favorite character


Cleopatraselene2 I hate how Rick Riordan changed the characters in the Blood of Olympus. Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel, and Frank were all awesome the way they were before he changed their friendships and messed up their personalities.


message 39: by Cleopatraselene2 (last edited Jul 14, 2017 07:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cleopatraselene2 I am pretty sure most people don't understand or relate to Jason because he has an INTP personality. He does have a personality, it is just that most people don't see it because they can't relate to him and they don't understand his character traits, which is VERY common with INTPs (I know because I am one).


Cleopatraselene2 Anybody else find it weird how similar how much Piper and Angela from Bones are alike? They both have famous dads, absent moms, native American blood, are both best friends with a really smart girl, and both have really good people skills.


Chloe Reed Ok, so best characterization for me was definitely Nico. He's been one of my favorite characters since he was introduced in Titans Curse. He became my favorite overall in HoH because I finally started to get him. He just seems like a really well thought out character to me.

Worst, is there really a question here? Jason. Since that is so obvious, second worst is probably either Piper or Frank. I like them but I just didn't really get that much from their characters.


message 42: by hannah renee. (last edited May 21, 2015 07:31PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

hannah renee. Best: Percy. Duh. Throughout the series, of course. Only guy in the group who I would choose to be in a relationship with and I just love his sarcasm and realness.

Worst: Jason. Way too straight-laced and cardboard.


hannah renee. Cleopatraselene2 wrote: "I am pretty sure most people don't understand or relate to Jason because he has an INTJ personality. He does have a personality, it is just that most people don't see it because they can't relate ..."

Oh trust me, you INTJs aren't personality-less. ISTJs more like.


message 44: by Lutece (new)

Lutece Best: Leo or Reyna
Worst: Jason
(Spoilers)
And no, I don't dislike Jason because of his personality. It was really just a lot of him and piper and I got bored of that, but I think he has a lot of potential if he is shown in the trials of Apollo, but for now he was to involved with piper and so he didn't seem to have as much to do with the plot.

Leo was cool and I liked his way of bringing humor in, but I lost a lot of respect for him after he started picking on frank. It seemed also like he didn't know when to stop joking, like when he started making fun of frank, but his sarcasm and jokes didn't seem to be very purposefully rude. But caleo seemed crudely thrown in, and although that part was written well, it didn't seem to be what the story needed.

Reyna is so cool, and I wish she got more screen time, but her crushes on percy and Jason are very upsetting to me. She seemed like she could be so much more. I didn't really like her until blood of olympus came out, when I really saw the other side of her.


Cleopatraselene2 Hannah Renee wrote: "Cleopatraselene2 wrote: "I am pretty sure most people don't understand or relate to Jason because he has an INTJ personality. He does have a personality, it is just that most people don't see it be..."

Sorry, I meant he was an INTP.


Rachael Best: Hazel. She wasn’t in the books as much, which sucks, because she’s such a well written character. Her character was consistent through all five books.

Worst: Piper. Her character was inconsistent, and she had a different personality each book. Like, character development, is important, but it’s only good if you explain why they suddenly act a certain way.

Piper went from a tomboy, who wasn’t like the stereotypical daughter of Aphrodite, to a girly-girl who acts like a daughter of Aphrodite, to someone who suddenly had strong powers, even though there was no indication on how her powers were ever weak. She has no consistent personality traits, and the thing is I cannot point at her character and describe her personality, because it constantly changed to fit the story.

Like, at least Leo’s mood changed with an explanation. He was an ass to Frank, true, but only after Frank was an ass to him. I get people don’t like the way Aldo was written, but he wasn’t poorly written, or the most poorly written. Everything he did had a reason, every change in mood had a reason. But Piper? Nope.


back to top