Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Girl in the Steel Corset
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles #1) by Kady Cross → Start Date: November 15th, 2014

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Join Tana and I as we read this interesting sounding steampunk novel!

Megan | 3011 comments I'll join if I can get the book on time!

message 3: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Hope you can get it, Megan! We'd love for you to join us!

message 4: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I've had this book for a while and have been waiting for the right time to read it! :) Is it okay if I join??

Megan | 3011 comments I got my book today! I'm going to start it tomorrow afternoon.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to start reading the book soon! :)

message 7: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Almost forgot about this one! I'll be starting here soon too. :)

Megan | 3011 comments I haven't started this yet, I'll probably start it tonight or tomorrow.

Megan | 3011 comments I've been busy, so I haven't gotten around to starting this. I'm planning on reading a couple chapters tonight.

message 10: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments So I thought I started reading it, but turns out my copy has the prequel in the beginning so I'm really reading The Strange Case of Finley Jayne! It's really good so far though, and as soon as it's done the actual book starts. Anyone else reading the prequel too?

message 11: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I loved loved LOVED the prequel! I've read the first chapter of the actual book so far and get the feeling I'm going to love it just as much :)

message 12: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I'm in chapter 5.

I definitely recommend reading the prequel first if you guys still haven't started yet. It's really given me an idea of Finley's character sooner and more thoroughly. It would be hard to me just reading the book since it splits the POV between her and another character, (view spoiler)

I've just gotten to where we meet (view spoiler)

Megan | 3011 comments Just finished chapter 5.

Finley (view spoiler)

Dandy (view spoiler)

Griffin, Sam, and Emily (view spoiler)

message 14: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Megan wrote: "Just finished chapter 5.

Finley [spoilers removed]

Dandy [spoilers removed]

Griffin, Sam, and Emily [spoilers removed]"

I think that Sam and Emily (view spoiler)

I'm in chapter 12 now.

Finley finally got her (view spoiler)

Megan | 3011 comments Finished chapter 10

Finley, Griffin, and Dandy (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Megan | 3011 comments I finished it. I really liked it!

Sam & Emily (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

message 17: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Gosh, I just read the spoiler about your theory about the Machinist, and I'm sure it's going to be someone we know or have heard about, but that would be crazy! I'm in chapter 16 now.

Megan | 3011 comments I wasn't that surprised by who the Machinist was. (view spoiler)

message 19: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments OK! I've just finished :)

I rather enjoyed it! Was a bit predictable, really. There were never any shocking surprises, but it was a fun and entertaining read.

I'm curious about (view spoiler)

I liked the prequel a bit better than this book, but I'm still really liked this as well, and I'm intrigued enough to continue this series, for sure!

message 20: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments Megan wrote: "I wasn't that surprised by who the Machinist was. [spoilers removed]"

My theory on that is that (view spoiler)

Megan | 3011 comments (view spoiler)

Megan | 3011 comments I'm glad you liked the book, Nicole!! :)