#AYEARATHON discussion

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Cinder
November - FairyTale Re-Telling > Cinder - Book One - Chapters 1-8

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
So here's the discussion board for Part One of Cinder. There will be SPOILERS of course But Only for Chapters 1-8, PLEASE RESPECT THAT!!!

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 178 comments Not sure how I feel about the book so far. Part/Book 1 won me over quickly, but the pervy doctor is kinda fouling it a bit. I hope I get to read Cinder or someone else punching him.

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lorien wrote: "Not sure how I feel about the book so far. Part/Book 1 won me over quickly, but the pervy doctor is kinda fouling it a bit. I hope I get to read Cinder or someone else punching him."

Ooh, just you wait! The doctor isn't exactly how you expect him to be! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

So, I turned off my computer and got some reading done.

So the Doctor is a total creep in one way but he also seems to be look for something specific like he know Cinder exists or something?

I mean since the book is about her we can assume that's she special in some way.

The real question is who's her parents right? I mean there can be more than cyborg reason that Adri hates her.

This whole Cyborg can be sold thing has me >_<

I do admire the way Cinder didn't go down without a fight although I wouldn't have went back to begin with but that's just me.

Its interesting so far and I'm excited to get to the next part hopefully soon :)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 178 comments Yeah, I can't buy into cyborg's being subhuman. Because in no culture now, and in the past, was a person looked down on for losing a limb or having surgery. I thought it was really fake.

Jess (heaveninireland) | 2 comments This is the first fairytale retelling I've ever read and I'm ❤️Ing it! The first part of this book had me very intrigued and I absolutle love That Cinder isn't a weak character...I always found the real Cinderella to be to "needy"... But that's Disney of yesteryear...what can u do?! Lol I'm very involved in this book and haven't been able to put it down!

Lorien wrote: "Yeah, I can't buy into cyborg's being subhuman. Because in no culture now, and in the past, was a person looked down on for losing a limb or having surgery. I thought it was really fake."

I know right?
Its like When has saving yourself been looked down upon. I mean just think about all the plastic surgery people have. If Cyborg stuff was available people would probably do it without needing to.

Jessica wrote: "This is the first fairytale retelling I've ever read and I'm ❤️Ing it! The first part of this book had me very intrigued and I absolutle love That Cinder isn't a weak character...I always found the..."

Yay, Im glad that your enjoying it. I like Cinder not so sure about love at this point but we'll see.

Well the two Cinderella did grow up in diffrent enviroments compared to one another. I mean in "Cinder" she's owned like a piece of property and in "Cinderella" she's treated badly yes but at least if she found something better she could leave.

But I did always find the other Cinderella to be way to nice. I was always like really o_O I would have left because they obviously can't take care of themselves and would beg to have you back and maybe you could demand to be treated a little better or she could have found a paying job somewhere Im sure.

robin emery (pagesofbooks) This is my first YA sci-fi I've read and I'm really enjoying it! I actually found the treatment of cyborgs to be quite believable when you compare it to how disabled people have been treated in the past in our world. I think the setting is really intriguing too so I'm looking forward to continuing!

Katie wrote: "This is my first YA sci-fi I've read and I'm really enjoying it! I actually found the treatment of cyborgs to be quite believable when you compare it to how disabled people have been treated in the..."

Its not so much that I can't belive that people would treat Cyborgs unfairly but to be bought and sold like cattle you think they would have know better at this point.

Im glad that your enjoying the book :)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 178 comments ke-sha wrote: "Lorien wrote: "Yeah, I can't buy into cyborg's being subhuman. Because in no culture now, and in the past, was a person looked down on for losing a limb or having surgery. I thought it was really f..."

Pretty much! That part just doesn't make sense to me!

Lauren (lray4373) | 11 comments I did not like the begging at all but i guess that you have to set foundation for the rest of the book and I now see where this book is going .I just don't get why the step mother is suck a jerk. She should learn something from her daughter. I had to push through the first part of this book but now I don't need to do that anymore.

Lauren (lray4373) | 11 comments btw this is also my first fairy tale retelling and because of this I want to continue the series and read other fairy tale retellings.

Lauren (lray4373) | 11 comments Lorien wrote: "Not sure how I feel about the book so far. Part/Book 1 won me over quickly, but the pervy doctor is kinda fouling it a bit. I hope I get to read Cinder or someone else punching him."

Yeah that doctor is out of line.