A TO Z BOOK CHALLENGE discussion

November Pick It For Me

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (last edited Nov 19, 2014 07:10PM) (new)

Linda Bourg | 344 comments Mod
Find your name on the list below and then click on the person below you. This will be who you are picking for. The last person will pick for the first person. You will choose a book for that person off of their to be read list or the list they designate and that is the book you read for November. Please if you participate choose book in timely manner for the person you need to choose for. If a book has not been chosen for you by the day of closing, i will choose one for you.
You must enter here on the discussion link, i will no longer except personal messages. It is not fair to the one who is looking to choose for you. So if you are interested in participating in this challenge look for it monthly and comment on that discussion link Thanks.

CHALLENGE WILL BE CLOSED ON October 31st.

Participants:
1. Linda (Me)- The Christmas Shoes by Donna Vanliere**
2. Eileen- The Apple Orchard by Susan Wiggs**
3. Rita- Mr. Miracle by Debbie Macomber**
4. Jessie- A Plain and Simple Christmas by Amy Clipston**
5. Brenda- Sarah's Child by Paul England**
6. Noel-Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home by Rhoda Jantzen

message 2: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

chose from my A to Z author shelf or A to Z books shelf for this month.. Thanks.

message 3: by Eileen (new)

Eileen I am in... Pick on my Tbr list

message 4: by Rita (new)

Rita | 67 comments I'm in..I have a pick it list....

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments I am in pick from my to read list

message 6: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Eileen i choose the Apple Orchard by Susan Wiggs for your Nov book. Hope you enjoy it. I have it on my tbr list also. Look forward to seeing if its a good book from your review of it.

message 7: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments Linda should I pick for you now or wait to see if anyone else signs up?

message 8: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Roberson I'm in. Pick from my "Read Next" list

message 9: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Hey Jessie,

No whoever will pick for me will have to wait until Oct 31st once i close out the challenge. And yay Brenda joined in, so you can choose for Brenda.

Have a great day ladies :)

message 10: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Rita I pick Mr. Miracle By Debbie Macomber.. I just read it and really liked it.. Hope you like it

message 11: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments Brenda,
I pick for you Sarah's Child by Paul England. I also sent you a friend request.
Jessie

message 12: by Noel Arndt Caryl (new)

Noel Arndt Caryl | 58 comments I'm in - please pick from my "To Read" list and please no series, unless it is No. 1

message 13: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Roberson Thanks Jessie. I am sure I will enjoy the book and I accepted your request.

message 14: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Roberson Noel for you I pick "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Hone by Rhoda Jantzen. I hope you like it.

message 15: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

**** Pick it For Me is Officially Closed For November****

message 16: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments I never got my suggested book

message 17: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

I just sent Rita a message that i closed out the Pick it for me for Nov. So she should be choosing a book for you soon. I also sent one to Noel for myself because i don't have my book chosen either. Will be checking in to make sure you get one chosen, if not i will choose for you and you will choose for me .

Have a great day Jessie :)

message 18: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments Thanks

message 19: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Noel sent me a message and chose the Christmas Shoes for me by Donna Vanliere. Thanks Noel

message 20: by Rita (new)

Rita | 67 comments Jessie, I have picked for you..
A Plain and Simple Christmas by Amy Clipston

message 21: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments Linda
Need you now by Beth Wiseman is my pick for you

message 22: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments Rita wrote: "Jessie, I have picked for you..
A Plain and Simple Christmas by Amy Clipston"

message 23: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments Thanks Rita

message 24: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Ok Jessie i will read that one this month also. Thanks :)

message 25: by Rita (new)

Rita | 67 comments Jessie wrote: "Thanks Rita"
I figured this would get you started on your Christmas reading.

message 26: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Roberson I have finished my Nov Pick It For Me. I will let my review tell my opinion of it.

SARAH'S CHILD gets to the heart of domestic violence, child abuse and depression. Paul England does a very good job in bringing difficult subjects to light in an easy to read story. What happens to Sarah happens to women all over the world every day. It’s something we need to put an end to.

The author also deals with depression in this story of Sarah. This is another subject that is difficult for people to accept. People think you can just get over it. But it’s a real disease. The author does a remarkable job of telling Sarah’s side of her story and what she is going through. The way the author goes back and forth from one character to another in his writing to get each persons view is very eye opening. This disease affects more than just the "sick" person.

It’s hard to say you enjoyed a book with such sad, unhappy topics but it is something people need to read and try to understand. The only problem I had with the book is that it seemed to take forever to get to the heart of what the story was supposed to be about and the difficulty in trying to understand "Aussie" speak. However, thank you, Paul England, for bringing the difficult topics of domestic violence, child abuse and depression to the public in such a well written story. But I'm not sure if I want to read the next installment.

message 27: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 233 comments Rita,
I really enjoyed the book you picked. Thanks

message 28: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Thanks Noel for my pick of the month. I just finished The Christmas Shoes and i absolutely love this sad Christmas Story. I have seen the movie also and love it. I want to read the rest in this series.

message 29: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Linda just finished The Apple Orchard.. I really liked it.. Thanks

message 30: by Linda, A to Z & Pick It For Me & Book Of Month Moderator (new)

Glad you enjoyed it Eileen, its on my to be read list, but don't know when i will get to it lol