Aussie Readers discussion

Our Authors Spotlight > Or Forever Be Damned - new historical saga

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.S. (last edited Oct 30, 2014 05:42PM) (new)

C.S. Burrough (csburrough) Or Forever Be Damned by C.S. Burrough
Hi all, I'm an Aussie author and my historical saga Or Forever Be Damned was released by Australia's Silky Oak Press in late 2014 in eBook, then had its paperback edition launched this week. I'm grateful to have been blessed with glowing reader reviews. Below is a brief synopsis and links:

Mona — a poor but respectable Protestant teenaged factory girl, is tormented by sibling rivalry over her favoured artistic younger brother, Ambrose. Untrained and against parental orders, stagestruck Mona resolves to outshine Ambrose, furtively pursuing a theatrical career. Into her journey, Mona unearths her younger bête noire, Kat — a Catholic rough-diamond child-veteran entertainer who, conversely, yearns to escape theatre life.

So begins their lifelong enmity.

Or Forever Be Damned is an historical saga spanning eight decades, following the lives and families of two very different women who escape the slums of northern England’s ‘Cottonopolis’, Salford, in the 1930′s Slump — a simmering irrational enmity that lives on in modern day Australia.

Or Forever Be Damned

NB Due to Amazon Australia not selling print books, you'll obviously only find the eBook edition there, but the paperback edition is on amazon.com & amazon.co.uk alongside the eBook edition.

http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Be-Damn...

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68750 comments Mod
Congratulations CS:) It sounds really interesting!

message 3: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68750 comments Mod
And I have just purchased it! I won't get to it for awhile as we are away so it'll float around out there somewhere until we arrive home;)

message 4: by C.S. (last edited Oct 29, 2014 04:02AM) (new)

C.S. Burrough (csburrough) Brenda wrote: "And I have just purchased it! I won't get to it for awhile as we are away so it'll float around out there somewhere until we arrive home;)"

Hi Brenda, that's marvellous, thanks so much for buying it, I'm really grateful and hope you enjoy reading when it eventually reaches you. Look forward to your verdict sometime :-)