Gone (Gone, #1) Gone discussion

Good? Bad?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Number Four Would you recommend this book to a "young adult" who enjoys dystopian fiction? How would you describe it? Is there a lot of romance? Is this book geared more towards female readers?

Dee Jaee McLean Gone is my favourite book series! It was the first dystopian novel I ever read and it made me fall in love with the genre. I would absolutely recommend it to a YA who likes dystopian fiction. It's definitely sci-fi/fantasy as it contains powers and mutations and what not. It can get pretty brutal and violent at times. There's not a lot of romance, all the characters are under 14 so there's nothing steamy. This book appeals to all genders. The main protagonist is male, but there are plenty of female characters to relate to so girls will enjoy it.

Sic Transit Gloria I would recommend this book to a mature young adult. The book contains some swearing, sex scenes, and graphic violence.

Otherwise, It's a great series. The characters are real and relatable. The concepts are sound and thought-out. The plot is driven along at a good, constant pace. It is equally relatable to both sexes, as a plethora of characters are focused on, some male and some female. Romance is a minor sub-plot.

Dramapuppy I am OBSESSED with this series. There is a TON of violence. And Dee Jaee's wrong. Later in the series there are two sex scenes and a birth scene, so be warned. And in Hunger there's a scene Grant was told to take out but he didn't.

I would definitely recommend it. I don't think it's more for females. There's some romance but it's not the focus. You should definitely read it.

Number Four I can handle intense, violence, but not romance. On a scale of 1 to 10, what would you rate the romance in this book (1 being extremely little, 10 being blown out).

Dramapuppy 4, but that means you'll occasionally come across a chapter where a couple characters talk or sleep together. But most of the book is action. Less romance than the Hunger Games.

Dee Jaee McLean I stand corrected! Thanks Dramapuppy, it's been a while since I read these books.

message 9: by Sierra (last edited Nov 09, 2014 06:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sierra Gone's my favourite series! I would recommend it to young adults who like dystopian novels (when I was reading The Maze Runner, it reminded me of Gone, not too sure why but there are similarities) it is pretty violent but I've read on Goodreads that 10 year olds have read it and were fine. There is some romance but I wouldn't consider it a major part of the book. I wouldn't say that it's geared more toward female readers, maybe 50/50.

Number Four Dramapuppy wrote: "4, but that means you'll occasionally come across a chapter where a couple characters talk or sleep together. But most of the book is action. Less romance than the Hunger Games."

Less romance than "The Hunger Games"? Good. Thanks - this helps me a lot! If anyone else wants to give it a romance rating, please make a reference, like Dramapuppy did above.

Addie Great. I really loved this series. It has some sexuality in it but the rest is really good.