THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Giveaway for upcoming release

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Glede (new)

Glede Kabongo | 32 comments I'm trying to set up a giveaway for my new novel to be released on November 19 but I consistently get a system error, mostly related to the ISBN number. It says the book can't be found in the database and the ISBN number is invalid. What am I doing wrong? Any feedback on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Glede, it looks like the ISBN was entered in the wrong field and therefore got truncated. What is the full ISBN13?

message 3: by Glede (new)

Glede Kabongo | 32 comments It's 978-0692249727. I didn't realize it was getting truncated.

message 4: by Glede (new)

Glede Kabongo | 32 comments It's still not working. I guess I have to wait for Goodreads support to get back to me.

message 5: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Glede, try it now, but without the dash. So

message 6: by Glede (new)

Glede Kabongo | 32 comments Yes, I did try it without the dash, that's how I was able to get the book listed but the giveaway function just won't cooperate.

message 7: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments The truncated ISBN has now been corrected, which is why I suggested trying again.

message 8: by Glede (new)

Glede Kabongo | 32 comments It worked. Thank you so much.

message 9: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Great!

message 10: by Aaron (new)

Aaron (aaronburdette) | 89 comments Hi Gail, that's correct. Currently we only allow hardcopy giveaways, though we are looking into the possibility of allowing ebook giveaways in the future.