dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Londa (new)

message 2: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2422 comments Mod
Thanks Londa!

message 3: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new) - rated it 4 stars

B.,

Any particular way you want to take this on? Do you want to break it down by chapters or just read at our on pace?

message 4: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new) - rated it 4 stars

This was a pretty quick read for me. Really enjoyed it!

message 5: by B. (new) - rated it 3 stars

B. (booksnobwannabe) | 5 comments Sorry, work and other issues have been kicking my butt this month and I thought I would be able to start sooner. I have 80 more pages to go. How would you like to start the discussion?

message 6: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new) - rated it 4 stars

I totally understand. I just finished my October buddy read a few days ago. Lol

Whenever you get done we'll just come back with general thoughts.

message 7: by B. (new) - rated it 3 stars

B. (booksnobwannabe) | 5 comments I finally finished the book. LOL! I enjoyed it, but the last chapter (or section) left me a bit confused especially the beginning part of that section. I had to reread it and really concentrate. The ending felt empty to me if that makes sense. I wanted to know what was going to happen when they all went inside at the end and I feel that last sentence probably was suppose to tell me but it must have went over my head. LOL.. However I loved the way he structured the book.

message 8: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new) - rated it 4 stars

If it went over your head and it was at least 6 feet above mine. I don't think there was any conclusion, Baldwin just left them out hanging to work out their own issues. To me it was summed up when Florence told Deborah... "I reckon the Lord done give them those hearts — and honey, the lord don't give out no second helpings."

message 9: by B. (new) - rated it 3 stars

B. (booksnobwannabe) | 5 comments Florence was my favorite character in the book. I wished she would have put in a little more effort in keeping Elizabeth away from her brother being that she knew his secret.