My Sibling The Mythical Being! discussion

Our 2015 Challenge > Ideas for themes

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Here are the idea's we have so far. Read...
-a book that has vampires
-a book that has werewolves
-a book whose author has the initials S.M
-a book with twins
-a book with a band
-a book with cheerleaders in it
-a book that involves travelling (or maybe Transylvania)
-a book where someone gets their heart broken
-a book with unicorns (thanks Emy! lol)
-a book with a boarding school
-a book with a homecoming queen
-a book with a troublesome reporter

Go wild with your ideas, anything from MSTV or MBTW! We will narrow it down later on. Just keep those thoughts coming.

message 2: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Okay, we have some great ideas so far but we really want as many as we can possibly get! Then, like Sophie says, we can pick our favourites for the challenge. I will have a think over the next few days.

message 3: by Prajna (new)

Prajna Jandial (Prajna007) | 40 comments there are 8 to 9 books under the head poison apple books they are not exactly the same and they are not linked with each other but we could pick 2 to 3.

there are 2 about vampires
1-this totally bites
2-at first bite

hope this helps.:)

message 4: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Awesome Prajna! Thanks for the heads up. :) I've thought of a couple more..

-a book where the main character moves to a new town/city
-a book where the main character is on a search for their biological family

message 5: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Loving the ideas guys! The Poison Apple series does sound interesting and lots of MSTV readers seem to like it. I've seen it on the 'Readers Also Enjoyed' thing at the side of the screen when you're looking at one of the MSTVs. Hey, there's an idea, we could do one where you have to read a book that is on the 'Readers Also Enjoyed' list for MSTV or MBTW...?

message 6: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments I've been brainstorming and here's some ideas I've come up with:

A book with...

-a school play
-the moon on the cover (like on the MBTW covers)
-a movie shoot or a trip to Hollywood
-a character named Olivia, Ivy, Justin or Daniel
-a wedding
-a London landmark on the cover (like on the Double Disaster! cover)
-an exclamation mark in the title

We've also been thinking that one of the things you have (well, not have) to do for the challenge is read any one MSTV and MBTW book. These wouldn't count for any more of the things in the challenge, like a book with vampires in, because that would sort of defeat the idea of the challenge. :)

Some other ideas I had were a book published by Egmont, and any book that's in a series over ten books long.

message 7: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments All good! I'm still thinking of more - anyone else had any ideas?

message 8: by Brandi (new)

Brandi St.Pierre (vampgrlheartsyou) | 1 comments Hi! I wonder if i can still give ideas on this , if it's not too late.

If it's not too late to give an idea, then that's cool.Hope my ideas can help. My ideas: a book with..

-Star-crossed lovers
-Romance between two different species.
- A love Triangle of some sort.

message 9: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Yes please Brandi! I particularly love your 2nd idea. I've got some more to do with My Brother the Werewolf... A book with:
-Halloween
-a dance class
-a silver necklace
-a fun fair

Keep them coming guys, you have until the end of November. :D

message 10: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments I love the love story between different species and dance class ideas! It might be a little hard to find a book with a silver necklace in it though!

message 11: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments We need to include some challenging ones as well!

message 12: by Emy (new)

Emy An idea I thought of is a book with different worlds

message 13: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments You mean like the vampire world and the human world? I guess they're kind of like different worlds because vamps have their own versions of all the shops and stuff.

message 14: by Emy (new)

Emy Yea, and stuff like that

message 15: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Okay, sounds cool! I'd like to read a book like that.

message 16: by Emy (new)

Emy I read a book called All These Broken stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner and it kind of have different worlds. I dunno how to explain it.
"Different worlds" is a really broad topic and can be interpreted in different ways.

message 17: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments That's a really good point. 'Different worlds' can be interpreted in any way you choose. We need a few more open ended ones like that which can refer to MSTV or MBTW but also can mean different things to different people. I will continue to think. :)

message 18: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Sounds like a good idea. I'll probably have another brainstorm tonight. :)

message 19: by Emy (new)

Emy I just come up with random ideas at random times. I can't think of anything when I try to think

message 20: by Daisy, The Brains (last edited Nov 14, 2014 02:44AM) (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Here's some more ideas...

A book with:

-a prince or a princess (like Alex and Tessa MSTV)
-a music concert (like in Flying Solo {MSTV #11})
-a farm or ranch (like Aunt Rebecca's farm MSTV)
-a blue, pink or purple cover (the most common colours for the MTSV and MBTW covers)
-a maze or set of obstacles a character has to get though (like the Gauntlet I think it's called? In Flying Solo)
-illustrations at the start of each chapter (like the bats in MSTV and howling wolf in MBTW)
-a book signing (Jackson's in Love Bites {MSTV #6} and there's that one in Stake Out {MSTV #12})
-someone in disguise (like Jackson in Take Two {MSTV #5})
-a skateboarder (like Finn and Sophia in Double Disaster {MSTV #13})
- a love letter (like the one Etan sent to Petra in Flying Solo)

I was also thinking we could put the moon and London landmark on the cover ideas and make into one thing together with some other things from the covers. Like this:

-a book with either the moon, a London landmark, a guitar, a book, a coffin, a glitterball, a skateboard, a drink, a camera, bats, a phone, a microphone, a signpost or a red carpet on the cover.

The cover ideas came from...

Cry Wolf! 1 (My Brother the Werewolf) by Sienna Mercer Puppy Love! (My Brother the Werewolf , #2) by Sienna Mercer Howl-oween (My Brother the Werewolf, #3) by Sienna Mercer Tail Spin (My Brother the Werewolf, #4) by Sienna Mercer Stake Out! (My Sister The Vampire, #12) by Sienna Mercer - the moon and guitar (Cry Wolf and Howl-oween). Double Disaster! (My Sister the Vampire, #13) by Sienna Mercer - London landmark and skateboard (Ivy's sitting on one!). Flying Solo (My Sister the Vampire) by Sienna Mercer - book and phone. Switched (My Sister the Vampire, #1) by Sienna Mercer - coffin and bats. Love Bites (My Sister the Vampire, #6) by Sienna Mercer - glitterball. Fangtastic! (My Sister the Vampire, #2) by Sienna Mercer - drink. Date with Destiny (My Sister the Vampire) by Sienna Mercer - camera. Puppy Love! (My Brother the Werewolf , #2) by Sienna Mercer - microphone. Lucky Break (My Sister the Vampire, #7) by Sienna Mercer - signpost. Star Style (My Sister the Vampire, #8) by Sienna Mercer - red carpet.

message 21: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Nice ideas but I don't know about having all the cover ideas in one. Hmm.

message 22: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments But if we did them separately we would have about a million things!

message 23: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Well, I guess. We could narrow it down though!

message 24: by Daisy, The Brains (last edited Nov 17, 2014 12:43AM) (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments -A book with a high school romance (inspired by the quote on the back of Flipping Out {MSTV #14})

message 25: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments A book with
-a detective/mystery
- a crypt/graveyard

-A book that fits one of the MSTV taglines
This one may need some explaining. Pick a MSTV book and look at the back cover. There should be a tagline (eg. For Lucky Break it's 'She'd just found her biological mom's journal!') somewhere on it. There is on our UK versions; not on 1-4. Find a book that matches/relates to that tagline.

message 26: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments So like we'd have to find a book with a lost journal or something about biological family or something like that for that tagline? I think I get it. Wow, I totally love that idea! Great job, Soph. :)

message 27: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Why thank you. ;)

message 28: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Hey guys. We've got a week until me and Daisy will start finalising the list (exciting!). That doesn't mean you can't comment your ideas after that time (you never know we might do another challenge and we still want to see all your ideas) but it will just mean they're a lot less likely to make this year’s list. :D

message 29: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments A book with
-american football

message 30: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Daisy and I have narrowed down the list and will soon be making more discussions and creating the challenge itself. Thanks for all your ideas! :D