♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

The Fall
This topic is about The Fall
BR & BOTM Archives > BR-->28, Mansu **(MIA) ~Sachin ~ Vaibhav... ++The Fall++

Comments Showing 1-50 of 272 (272 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Vaibhav (last edited Nov 29, 2014 02:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaibhav | 633 comments Hello Mansu and Sachin

Books we'll try to read

1. Twelve Years a Slave [Currently reading]
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Dropped
3. The Rebel by Camus Dropped
4. The Fall [Read]
**finding books to read. If you've any recommendation please feel free to post in comments. Thank you in advance. :) **

Vaibhav | 633 comments I also don't know.

message 3: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments something like Hip Hip hurreeyy?

Hi Mansu...Sachin Vaibhav...

Vaibhav | 633 comments Hello Meera,

Could you please suggest us some books to read?

message 5: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments Me??? Suggestions...Err....

Mansu..is full of ideas that u wont need to look for suggestions and recommendations..:-P:-P

wat say Mansu? ;-);-)

message 6: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments u finished crime?

Vaibhav | 633 comments It's okay Meera. Thank you.

@Mansu - What would you like to read? I guess Sachin will reply us very soon.

message 8: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments @Mansu....its sounds like a pretty hefty book! :-D:-D

Hope sachin will turn up soon ..and u three can discuss and pick good ones....

Best wishes...Have a Good time ahead!

message 9: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) Mansu wrote: "yep.. It took me 4 weeks to finish it!.. gave it 4 stars.."

i always choose the best ones :P:P

message 10: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments @Mansu....Forty rules of Love by Shafak

Was it a Dream by maupassant

message 11: by Vaibhav (last edited Oct 28, 2014 03:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaibhav | 633 comments @Mansu - How many books we should read for BR? What you say?

message 12: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments Mishaaaa....Queen of Suggestions ..Do bless this BR! :-D:-D:-D

message 13: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments @Mansu....u are buying my choices these days....:-D:-D

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Meera wrote: "@Mansu....Forty rules of Love by Shafak

Was it a Dream by maupassant"

Hey, I bought the Shafak one in Amazon Diwali sale. :D .. will check out the second one.. Thanks, Meera. :)"

O_O I'm not going to read that Love book. :P :P

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Vaibhav wrote: "@Mansu - How many books we should read for BR? What you say?"

I'm hoping, more than one.."

haaha .. Why you said that?

message 16: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments @Vaibhav....Thats not a Love Book....fell for the Title..eh?

Vaibhav | 633 comments Meera wrote: "@Vaibhav....Thats not a Love Book....fell for the Title..eh?"

Then what it is all about? Sniping zombies, huh? :P

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Vaibhav wrote: "Meera wrote: "@Vaibhav....Thats not a Love Book....fell for the Title..eh?"

Then what it is all about? Sniping zombies, huh? :P"

Is that what you're in? O_O"

No but I'm also not in Love-things. :P

On the other hand, honest part is - yes I've installed game that kills zombies with machine gun. :D

message 19: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments Forgive me Mansu....I cant stand zombieee and ur buddy looks like one.....Good luck !:-P:-P

Bye....

message 20: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments PS: @Mansu...I ll be your Buddy for Rules.....Rumi and Tabiz...are good poets and philosophers..:-):-)

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Vaibhav wrote: "O_O I'm not going to read that Love book. :P :P
"

I'm not going to read any zombie ones. *sticks out tongue* :-P"

Neither do I. Killing them is fun, reading about them is like hell of a boring thing.

Vaibhav | 633 comments Meera wrote: "Forgive me Mansu....I cant stand zombieee and ur buddy looks like one.....Good luck !:-P:-P

Bye...."

haahaha.... don't try to condescend our younger brains. :P

message 23: by Vaibhav (last edited Oct 28, 2014 04:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Vaibhav wrote: "Mansu wrote: "Vaibhav wrote: "O_O I'm not going to read that Love book. :P :P
"

I'm not going to read any zombie ones. *sticks out tongue* :-P"

Neither do I. Killing them is fun..."

:P :P

Twelve Years a Slave

What about this book? I guess movie about it won golden globe. And another one I would like to suggest is -

Numbers Rule Your World: The Hidden Influence of Probabilities and Statistics on Everything You Do

What would you like to propose?

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Hmm.. '12 years a slave' is fine by me.. But i'm not reading that other one.."

Why?

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Ummm... Because it has a Big Bad Name! :-P"

Bad???

Vaibhav | 633 comments What about -

1. The Time Machine
2. The Man Who Would Be King
3. White Fang

this are the books currently in my shelf and unread. I'm pretty sure you won't like my other books.

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Haha! Why? Name them.."

Nope. never. nada. Before even asking you laughed. :P

message 28: by Vaibhav (last edited Oct 28, 2014 05:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: ":D Alright, I won't laugh. *puts hand on mouth* see? Now, tell me.. *bends head to listen*"

*listen to me carefully*
*whispering in your ear*

yac-yede-yac-yac and I don't know what that means but I made it our title.

*giving you a big smile*

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "*raises head, looks at Prince Zombie with a grim face, lifts him and tosses him a few yards away* and the Prince goes- YAC-YEDE-YAC-YAC
That's what it means."

haahhha :D You lifted me... Think about it once again... :D can you? :D

message 30: by Vaibhav (last edited Oct 28, 2014 09:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Haven't you heard, Prince, 'if you think you can, you can; if you think you can't, you can't'? I'm pretty optimistic I can. :)"

Prince... :-o heavy word, eh?

If you can then go ahead. You've my blessings. :D

Vaibhav | 633 comments Abhay wrote: "Enjoy ur BR guys..

Are you guys planning on zombie themed books?"

Nope!!!

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "I already did, Zombie. Don't you remember being tossed off, bouncing and going 'yac-yee-de-yac-yac'?

Do you think Sachin will make an appearance?"

Please don't call me a zombie. :P :P I'm something else.. ;)

I've no idea when Sachin will come. :|

message 33: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
@Vaibhav and Mansu : Maybe he isn't aware that I have announced the pairs. I'll be sending the group pm soon, so till then...wait for him ok?

message 34: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments I terrorized him..!!! :-P:-P:-D

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "*makes a face* Prince Zombie is no fun!
I take it, Sachin is not a daily Goodreader.."

How anybody can be happy and funny when its being tossing-off? O_o

Vaibhav | 633 comments Meera wrote: "I terrorized him..!!! :-P:-P:-D"

yeah!! He saw you while eating. XD

message 37: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments He wont be BRing in near future....phobia..:-P:-P

@Abhay....kidding..:-D:-D

message 38: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments @Vaibhav....how come u end up.with the wrong assumptions? :-\:-\

Last month we were Buddy Readers !!! :-D:-D

Vaibhav | 633 comments Ruchi wrote: "@Vaibhav and Mansu : Maybe he isn't aware that I have announced the pairs. I'll be sending the group pm soon, so till then...wait for him ok?"

Thank you, Ruchi. It'll be a great help.

Vaibhav | 633 comments Meera wrote: "@Vaibhav....how come u end up.with the wrong assumptions? :-\:-\

Last month we were Buddy Readers !!! :-D:-D"

I didn't utter a word about how you met. I was just asking he saw you. He told me that and you can ask him if you want to. :D

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "@ Meera and Vaibhav: Did I just miss a joke? :-P"

You laughed heavily at it. :P

message 42: by Meera (new)

Meera | 4365 comments Naah.....you missed right!:-D:-D:-P

Vaibhav | 633 comments Alright lads!! Let me have my dinner. I'm already late. I'll reply soon. Meanwhile, mansu will search for some good books, okay? :)

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Okay. And Vaibhav, change that damn name. It's ridiculous.."

Noooooo!!!! It's not ridiculous. Believe me.

message 45: by Vaibhav (last edited Oct 28, 2014 10:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaibhav | 633 comments Abhay wrote: "What meera says is true :( :P"

There-there, bud. Don't be sad just after writing her name. Nothing went so wrong. Everything will be fine. :)

XD

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Okay. And Vaibhav, change that damn name. It's ridiculous.."

Did you searched for any book while I was gone, huh?

message 47: by Vaibhav (last edited Oct 28, 2014 10:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaibhav | 633 comments Abhay wrote: "@Vaibhav - You into programming? What languages and platforms do u work on?"

Yeah! I'm in a learning phase. Mostly I code in Java. I think proprietary languages is not my thing. I tend towards open source environments, even I don't use Windows Systems. I feel utter stupidity while using it.

For low level programming I'm learning bash terminal thing. Many people have different choices for their terminals but I chose bash after working with powershell. PowerShell is inheritance of bash and command prompt, I guess.

What about you? You also work in some kind of software industry, right?

message 48: by Vaibhav (last edited Oct 28, 2014 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaibhav | 633 comments I don't mean to offend you and also I feel like something is contradicting. You said you are working on .Net+Linux. I'm no brainiac in .net thing but I think .net don't works very well with unix inherited systems, even with wine-workaround-injection. :D I've heard of MoNo but it gives you framework support to .net version v2 and v3, right? In version v4 of .net my friend had heavy memory leaks in unix based systems. What about you?

For javascript, which scripting do you prefer? And what a beginner should use? Java now has a new javascript engine embedded in its new version. Yay for us. :D

Vaibhav | 633 comments Abhay wrote: "Its not .NET + Linux, I meant currently am working on a Linux system. Its basically for exploring a containerisation app called Docker which is based on linux containers and other front end develo..."

Oh, okay!! I got it. Thank you. :)

Vaibhav | 633 comments Mansu wrote: "Whoops!
Vaibhav, I thought you were in school!!! :-P ...And that's why I was talking like that yesterday.. Thinking I was talking with a kid!
I read your comment somewhere about some project & teac..."

Hhahha. .. It's okay! I'm not in school but I'm also not a office-going person yet.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6