The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1) The Maze Runner discussion

Does dystopian fiction affect young readers? - SURVEY

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eleanor (last edited Nov 16, 2014 01:04AM) (new) - added it

Eleanor Katherine I'm doing an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) at school at the moment, entitled "How has the dystopian genre influenced the political or ethical views of young people in modern society?", and it would really help me out if people could just really quickly fill out a quick survey for me - it's only 9 questions, none of which require too much thought! Here's the link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LV8R3LW

Thank you!

UPDATE: the survey is now closed - I've received 200 replies so thank you to everyone who participated!

Sierra Did the survey, it was fun :)

Emma That was so much fun, I love surveys :D

So what are you planning on doing with this information? And will you let us know what other people thought?

Kelly Brigid ♡ Cool survey :)

message 5: by Eleanor (new) - added it

Eleanor Katherine Emma wrote: "That was so much fun, I love surveys :D

So what are you planning on doing with this information? And will you let us know what other people thought?"

I'm the same, I find surveys really interesting! Thank you for filling it in!

It's for my project, which means I'm going to gather the data together to use as evidence for the argument that dystopian fiction is creating a very politically-aware generation, which can work in society's favour. I've got to do a presentation and an essay, where I'll discuss the idea that by having these dystopian novels around at a time when technology is really on the rise and is developing so quickly, and the genre being so popular with younger generations, it could be helping to ensure that these novels don't become the reality - or that reality doesn't become a version of these novels. So far the majority of responses (I've had roughly 170 responses) show that people agree that these books are very influential, and this is emphasised by the age group they are targeted at. It becomes very easy to see where things can go wrong in society/government/power.

I'm not sure if I'll be sharing the entirety of my results, because I think that might depend on rules as this is a proper qualification! But thank you for your interest haha :)

Kelly Brigid ♡ Eleanor wrote: "Emma wrote: "That was so much fun, I love surveys :D

So what are you planning on doing with this information? And will you let us know what other people thought?"

I'm the same, I find surveys rea..."

Haha, okay. Good luck with your project!

message 7: by Eleanor (new) - added it

Eleanor Katherine ♪~Kelly~♪ wrote: "Eleanor wrote: "Emma wrote: "That was so much fun, I love surveys :D

I'm the same, I ..."

Thank you!

Emma Yeah, good luck :) that's sounds like a fun topic to do a presentation on, considering how dull essays can get. :p

message 9: by Eleanor (new) - added it

Eleanor Katherine Emma wrote: "Yeah, good luck :) that's sounds like a fun topic to do a presentation on, considering how dull essays can get. :p"

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I chose to dovthe EPQ - it's on whatever topic you choose

Ateana Would have participated, but it's already closed.

That said, I'd love to hear about what was the conclusion of the survey/if dystopian worlds affects us (which, they probably, if only to makes us more cynical)