Queen Maas' Assassins discussion

TOG #4: Queen of Shadows > Queen of Shadows ~ Book Cover

Comments Showing 1-50 of 277 (277 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 515 comments Mod
What features do you hope to see on the Book #4 book cover? Let us know below!

message 2: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) My guess is Aelin will have short hair on this one and will be holding aedions sword

I wanna say I think the background will be purple, but the background is never purple, so maybe (past covers blue, red, green) gah ok fine I think is going to be purple (probably isn't though

message 3: by Pidge15 (new)

Pidge15 | 33 comments You called it, short hair, murdered love of Maeve's sword (idr name)....

As to color, I think monochromatic. We are entering the dark side :)

Purple!! It's my favorite color so I selfishly hope at least ONE of the books is purple! Maybe the last book will be purple? .. it has the whole royalty, magical, spiritual-balance even mixtures of red and blue thing going on...

message 4: by Marley (new)

Marley Rocha (goodreadscommarley_rocha) | 3 comments Yeah, I'd say purple, short hair , probably the sword but she also might be using her fire magic. I would really love it if she was in her fae form but i reckon they'll save it till last.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with all of you guys(especially the short hair~~♥), except the purple part. The Assassin's Blade was already purple. So, blue, red, green, and now... maybe something maroon or amber-ish??

message 6: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Manon malide:

Oh yeah your right assassins blade is purple I totally forgot about that

Now I have no clue what colour it'll be (I keep thinking yellow but probably not, it's way too happy of a colour)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, now that I think about it, TAB wasn't completely purple. Celaena's cloak was purple, but the background was dark blue. So, yeah. Maybe maroon this time..? I don't even know anymore LOL

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't care what the color of the cover is, I just want the book.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

My thoughts exactly ;D

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments Red... I'm rooting for red... Like bloody red. I feel violence and action in the next book... (especially with "Dark Dorian")

message 11: by Words (new)

Words | 12 comments Danielle wrote: "Red... I'm rooting for red... Like bloody red. I feel violence and action in the next book... (especially with "Dark Dorian")"

Agreed! Especially with Arobynn coming up. Random, but I feel like the last book will be gold.

message 12: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Yeah the last book will probably be gold, or of not hold something bright (not bright as in bright blue, or pink or something but something standoutish)

For this cover the only thing that I'm sure will happen, is that it won't be yellow. I feel bad for saying this but I'd laugh if it was yellow, yellow is a sunny, happy, fun colour. Book 4 is definitely not going to be sunny, happy and fun. You could just tell it's going to be depressing, stormy, and just fucking not fun (for the characters, the book will be amazing for us)

If it's yellow *facepalm*

message 13: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) ^ for first sentence I meant to say ...if not gold...

message 14: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments I agree with gold as last book's cover color.. Gold like Celaena's hair. Or maybe a hybrid cover this time. Blue ringed with gold, like her eyes.

ANyway, I know know know it would be epic!

message 15: by Crimson Tala (new)

Crimson Tala | 9 comments I want a BIG longhandles axe! :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Priya wrote: "For this cover the only thing that I'm sure will happen, is that it won't be yellow. I feel bad for saying this but I'd laugh if it was yellow, yellow is a sunny, happy, fun colour. Book 4 is definitely not going to be sunny, happy and fun. You could just tell it's going to be depressing, stormy, and just fucking not fun (for the characters, the book will be amazing for us)

If it's yellow *facepalm*"

Yellow might not be a good choice, but something amber(like this: (view spoiler)) is still nice.

message 17: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Jan wrote: "Priya wrote: "For this cover the only thing that I'm sure will happen, is that it won't be yellow. I feel bad for saying this but I'd laugh if it was yellow, yellow is a sunny, happy, fun colour. B..."

Yeah that colour would be cool

message 18: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Lilac wrote: "I want a BIG longhandles axe! :)"

OMG!!!!!! YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! IDONTKNOWWHYBUTITHINKTHATWOULDBESOAWESOMAZING

message 19: by Ifrah (last edited Nov 26, 2014 01:14PM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 19 comments Red! I would love Red! But that would also mean that both of Sarah J. Maas' books coming out next year will be red. (Also, the red next to the green HoF book would look a little Christmas-y on my shelf)

I think yellow would be an awesome cover color but it doesn't fit with the series. And the Amber seems to similar to Crown of Midnight, I think.

Gah! Even guessing the color of the cover is so hard!

BTW, when did the cover for HoF come out? (So I can have a rough estimate of when book 4 cover will be released) And when was HoF title revealed?

message 20: by Makena (new)

Makena | 8 comments I think that the last book's background color will be silver not gray but a really shiny silver. It would be so cool because silver is a royal color and Celaena is going to free her country.

message 21: by Makena (last edited Nov 30, 2014 06:10PM) (new)

Makena | 8 comments Also I think the national colors of Terrasen are blue and silver. And the first book was blue so they can end the last book with silver as the two colors of Terrasen.

message 22: by Hannah Mae (new)

Hannah Mae | 233 comments I thought this was a 6 book series?

I'm hoping maroon or silver would be the colour for the 4th book. I agree with her short hair look on the cover.

message 23: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) It is a 6 book series

message 24: by Hannah Mae (new)

Hannah Mae | 233 comments That's what I thought. Got confused when I read a few last book colour predictions, heh

message 25: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Yeah I get why you'd et confused, since we are starting to guess colours for the later books

message 26: by Hannah Mae (new)

Hannah Mae | 233 comments Ah, makes more sense. Do you guys prefer the UK cover or the American ones?

message 27: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) UK cover 10000% the American cover made me put off the book for a year. I can't help it, part of me starting to read a book consists of it having a good cover, if the cover isn't good I don't read the book without putting it off. The American cover should die, I hate it, I'm so happy they changed all the covers to the UK design

message 28: by Hannah Mae (new)

Hannah Mae | 233 comments I definitely agree!! American covers are usually atrocious. I prefer UK covers, they're beautiful.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I need the cover to be something like this:

(http://www.pinterest.com/pin/24685362...)

But switch that spear-thingie with Goldryn.

message 30: by Hannah Mae (new)

Hannah Mae | 233 comments Haha, I too was hoping would be somewhere along those lines :p Quite fond of that image.

message 31: by Vern (new)

Vern (avernakaraliene) | 16 comments Makena wrote: "Also I think the national colors of Terrasen are blue and silver. And the first book was blue so they can end the last book with silver as the two colors of Terrasen."

It's green and silver :)

message 32: by Vern (new)

Vern (avernakaraliene) | 16 comments Erzaelin Avys wrote: "I need the cover to be something like this:

(http://www.pinterest.com/pin/24685362...)

But switch that spear-thingie with Goldryn."

Oh my God, YES!

message 33: by Vern (new)

Vern (avernakaraliene) | 16 comments Danielle wrote: "I agree with gold as last book's cover color.. Gold like Celaena's hair. Or maybe a hybrid cover this time. Blue ringed with gold, like her eyes.

ANyway, I know know know it would be epic!"

ASHRYVER-EYES-COLOR!! AMEN TO THAT.

Alice (Booksandfreshlybrewedtea) (earthtoalice) | 46 comments Priya Westfall Carstairs Winchester Havilliard Stark Targaeryan Lightwood Lynch Parish Thorne Salvatore Queen Allen Blake Stilinski Ashryver O'Brien wrote: "UK cover 10000% the American cover made me put off the book for a year. I can't help it, part of me starting to read a book consists of it having a good cover, if the cover isn't good I don't read ..."

Yes the UK covers are AMAZING! I saw them in waterstones (UK bookshop) and i was drawn to it immediately! i just love how badass Celeana looks :)

message 35: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) I don't think that's actually the colours, a lot of covers don't have the same colour they have in the title reveal (I would put some examples but none really come to mind)

message 36: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) The tell the theories

Alice (Booksandfreshlybrewedtea) (earthtoalice) | 46 comments THE TITLE HAS BEEN REVEALED

'queen of shadows' how badass maybe she'll be assassinsy
Physically can't contain my excitement

message 38: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments I don't think the background color is the cover color. Heir of Fire isn't violet 3

Alice (Booksandfreshlybrewedtea) (earthtoalice) | 46 comments Priya Westfall Carstairs Winchester Havilliard Stark Targaeryan Lightwood Lynch Parish Thorne Salvatore Queen Allen Blake Stilinski Ashryver O'Brien wrote: "The tell the theories"

I know this is isn't related to the book! but can i ask who the fellow in your profile picture is! I can't help feeling like i recognize it but cant place my finger on it! :P

message 40: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Lorcan!! I am obsessed with lorcan thanks to SJM Pinterest and I put his pic as my profile pic

message 41: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 36 comments I'm trying to get my mom to read The Assassin's Blade. It's her busy season at work right now, though. It will probably be a while. I NEED HER TO SEE THE WONDERFULNESS OF TOG

message 42: by Leah-Marie (new)

Leah-Marie Villafana (leah_le_reader) | 41 comments Psh my mom would never get why I was crying while reading the Assassin's Blade.

message 43: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) I'm crying right now. None of my family reads... :.(

Alice (Booksandfreshlybrewedtea) (earthtoalice) | 46 comments Priya Westfall Carstairs Winchester Havilliard Stark Targaeryan Lightwood Lynch Parish Thorne Salvatore Queen Allen Blake Stilinski Ashryver O'Brien wrote: "Lorcan!! I am obsessed with lorcan thanks to SJM Pinterest and I put his pic as my profile pic"

he looks a lot like Arno Dorian from assassins creed! :P

message 45: by Hannah Mae (new)

Hannah Mae | 233 comments A few posts that Sarah posted on Pinterest for Lorcan, are illustrations of characters from the Creed.

message 46: by Vera (new)

Vera | 9 comments A clue for the cover of Queen of Shadows?
http://www.bookdepository.com/Queen-S...

message 47: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) PINK ITS PINK!!!!! (I knew it wouldn't be purple book covers are never purple... :( )

message 48: by Henni (new)

Henni Ro | 5 comments Pink..? *mouth drops open*
Why do I love it so much? Although it doesn´t fit to the title..(shadows...and pink?)
But I ♥ PINK!

message 49: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Woodruff | 53 comments I hope the cover shows Celeana with her Fae fire powers...no machetes, no bow and arrow, no weapon of any sort...just her and her Fae powers. That would be awesome.

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments I agree, that would be awesome. The pink works somehow.....

« previous 1 3 4 5 6