Books on the Nightstand discussion

Neil Gaiman recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 32 comments I just

message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 32 comments I am almost finished reading my first Neil Gaiman novel (The Graveyard Book) and really enjoying it. I would like to try another book written by the same author but not sure what to pick up next. Any recommendations?

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary | 21 comments The Ocean at the End of the Road

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2765 comments Mod
OOOO, I like that one, Mary.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Duncan | 43 comments Maggie,

I have only read two of his books. "Neverwhere" which I really enjoyed and "The Ocean At The End Of The Lane" a short read which was also very good. I have heard "The Graveyard Book" was one of his best. It is on my ever growing pile of TBR.

Along with you, I will be looking forward to comments on this thread.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz Brown | 15 comments I liked American gods & the grave yard book and the the ocean at the end of the lane.liz

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric | 1175 comments Mod
Sandman.
Sandman.
Sandman.

That is all.

message 8: by Jessy (new)

Jessy (jessycfischer) | 25 comments Another easy read is Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman . My Hubby haa read Good Omens The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett and really enjoyed it. I still have to read it. That one would also introduce you to another similar author.

message 9: by Lianne (new)

Lianne Burwell (lianneb) | 13 comments Personally, I love American Gods, but it is quite different (and a lot longer) than The Graveyard Book.

Stardust is also a lovely little book (and audio book, narrated by the author, is fantastic)

message 10: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 51 comments Eric wrote: "Sandman.
Sandman.
Sandman.

That is all."

Ditto. Couldn't have said it any better!

message 11: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 32 comments Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I have added all of them to my TBR pile. Just finished The Graveyard Book and loved everything about it. Ending brought tears to my eyes.

message 12: by Louise (last edited Oct 30, 2014 12:47AM) (new)

Louise | 279 comments Neverwhere is a good place to start - and Coraline! Coraline by Neil Gaiman