The Hopefuls discussion

Support > Being an editor!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noran (new)

Noran Nasr | 4 comments Hey, guys!

I'm Egyptian, and my main language is Arabic, that's not a problem at all. The thing is I'm addicted to English books, and I decided to be a freelance editor. I honestly didn't think anybody would hire an Egyptian girl to edit his/her English book, but guess what?

I got hired, got great reviews, and I'm always booked. But you know the feeling that you always need people's approval of who you are?

That's my problem. I guess I just want people to trust me with their books and to feel like just because English isn't my first language, doesn't mean I'm not good enough to edit in English. Is that making sense?

Well, thanks, I guess! :)

message 2: by Fem (new)

Fem looniemo0ny (looniemo0ny) | 56 comments Wow totally!!! I'm writing an English book but I'm from Belgium! I'm always wondering if I'll ever be able to publish my book because of that! You just motivated me so so much! Xx

message 3: by Noran (new)

Noran Nasr | 4 comments Fem wrote: "Wow totally!!! I'm writing an English book but I'm from Belgium! I'm always wondering if I'll ever be able to publish my book because of that! You just motivated me so so much! Xx"

Oh, go for it. I'm sure you can do it. If you need any more motivation or you need to ask or just talk about your book, don't hesitate to talk to me. Here's my email, bookaholicf@gmail.com :)

Good luck and thanks!