Curvy Girls Rock! discussion

Member Topics > Kindle Unlimited

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Richards (lynnrichards) | 38 comments Okay, I may open a can of worms here, but what are your takes on Kindle Unlimited? Should you or shouldn't you?

As a reader I LOVE kindle unlimited and plan to keep it at least till the holidays when I'll have time to read!!

As a writer...don't know. It appears to help your sales, for a while. We've had most of ours up since the middle of October so we won't know anything until the end of november.We looked at our sales and said why not? Barnes and Nobles sales have been declining for months, KOBOs are steady, but nothing outstanding and allreomance hasn't been good since almost the start.

The thing that worries us most as writers is the influx of short umm, erotic stories - met, have hot, hot sex and go your separate ways, kind of. You can read countless ones as a Kindle Unlimited subscriber and books that are, umm, not thiought out so to speak, are rising in the ranks.

Does that hurt our sales as erotica writers, or help, since more customers are being exposed to the genre?

So what's there to lose?

Of course, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
If you've had more experience with the new Kindle unlimited, let us know.

message 2: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Worrell (nikkiworrell) | 23 comments I'm an author and I was 100% against KU. And, for the record, you will NEVER see any of my books for 0.99. I just won't do it...BUT, my sales had pretty much slowed to a crawl on NOOK and KOBO, so I enrolled PT in KU. I definitely make more on that through loans than I did on sales through the other.

Now, I HATE that I'm disappointing some readers who can't get it, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is a business. I have to disappoint the few to get the most gain. :(

With that said, when I release the 3rd book in my hockey series, I'm really not sure if I'll put it on KU for the first month. Just not fair to my loyal readers.

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Richards (lynnrichards) | 38 comments The thing that made us think twice was the fact that Kindle Unlimited is for 90 days, not 30.

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Worrell (nikkiworrell) | 23 comments True. 90 days is definitely a commitment.