Book Lair discussion

Members Corner > Foxworth's Book Burrow

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (new)

Ana (anaslair) | 2312 comments Mod
Hey Nolan, I'm very happy to finally see your post up!
I would say there are much worse addictions ;)
Where are your from, Nolan?

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Hi Nolan, I am so glad to be formally introduced!

message 3: by Kandice (new)

Kandice What?!? What interesting things? O_o All good I hope.

We never really ripped apart The Knife of Never Letting Go like I hoped we would, but somehow it's always more fun to read "with" someone else. Thanks for doing that!

message 4: by Ana (new)

I have?? xD
I'm looking forward to doing a buddy read with you guys hehe.
I'm halfway through Hear me scream, if you guys want to join there's still plenty of time ^_^

message 5: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I just read that thread without looking at spoilers. I got the book from the author, but am hesitant to start and read along with you guys now that I see all the tangled "family tree" branches. That kind of thing drives me crazy.

message 6: by Ana (new)

Sorry, Nolan >.<

Well, it could be just me. The world is well painted, to a point. I mean, the concepts are interesting. But I'd appreciate another pair of fresh eyes, I guess.

I need to go wake up now xD

message 7: by Ana (new)

Say what?? Ahaha you're feeling contemplative, huh? :)
Nice to meet you, Nolan from Washington D.C. :)

message 8: by Ana (new)

Wow that looks very pretty Nolan! Easy to see all the important info, very nice.

message 9: by Ana (new)

:O Now that's some over the top decorating skills. Well done!

message 10: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Hi Nolan! I haven't "seen" you around much. :)

message 11: by Ana (new)

Aww shame, I've noticed your absense as well.
Oh and.. tv is the devil :P

message 12: by Kandice (new)

Kandice LOL! I know what you mean. For me it isn't cable, but Netflix. We don't have a DVR, but the ability to watch things whenever I please somehow sucks me in. Especially things I can no longer actually watch on tv!

Plus, those holidays always seem to get n the way...;)

message 13: by Ana (new)

Yes, I meant the devil as in it takes time away from reading, eheh. I also enjoy a couple of tv series, especially Criminal Minds and Person of Interest.

message 14: by Ana (new)

I don't like those either, these really are different from the ones you mentioned. Criminal Minds is very psychological, they totally get in the mind of criminals, it's just just processing clues in a lab. And Persons of Interest follows a very interesting premise in my opinion, a machine that can almost think and feel as a human. But the latter can get old after a while. Not CM though. At least in my opinion eheh

message 15: by Kandice (new)

Kandice The shows that really get me binge watching on Netflix are shows from my youth, like Twin Peaks, Buffy, Angel, etc. Or my middle-ish age, like Firelfly, Stargate and The X-Files. I love that I can just gorge!

message 16: by Ana (new)

Oh yes Hannibal is intense as well, glad you'll give CM a try! :D

message 17: by Kandice (new)

Kandice There are so many ways to watch the X-files! I was obsessed with the show when it originally aired. We bought all the VHS tapes as they were released just for the extras and then later bought the DVDs in tow formats. One was the series in it's entirety. The other "two" sets of DVDs I have are only the episodes (in aired order) of the mythology story line. The other set is simply the stand alone, "monster of the week", episodes.

Watching the mythology set straight through was amazing because you don't realize just how much Chris Carter lead us by the noses and kept us guessing for 9 years!

message 18: by Ana (new)

The X Files was one of the best shows of all times. Every episode chilled me. I still remember one episode where a few people, probably an expedition or something, were isolated in the middle of an icy landscape - I think they were scientists - and there's this dog and under the dog's skin you see like a worm wiggling away and the dog freaks out and eeeeurgh!

I always wondered what happened to Mulder's sister, though.

message 19: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Those black worms were a recurring thing and just...nasty!

message 20: by Ana (new)

Yeah just remember it's been 2 decades, they're a little behind on special effects eheh
Soooo is anyone going to tell me what happened to Mulder's sister? xD Was she really taken by aliens?

message 21: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Do you want the theory as it evolves or the conclusion. This is the conclusion, so DO NOT click the "spoiler tag" unless you mean it!!!!

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Ana (new)

Thanks, Kandice!

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Kandice (new)

Kandice (view spoiler)

message 24: by Ana (new)

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Ana (new)

Oi! Nolan! Where the heck have you been hiding?