Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Should I watch the movie

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ma- Nogoy aka Mimi Answer yes or no. Nothing else. Simple

Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles) Ma- Nogoy aka Mimi wrote: "why not"

Because the acting is so awkward that it's painful and it's so cheaply made that the effects look amateur and laughable.

Viviana No way

Devon yes watch all the movies but only after you've read all the books.

message 7: by Amr (new) - added it

Amr Hassan i see some partes

Young Nightshadow HAHAHAHA no. Definetly shouldnt

Ma- Nogoy aka Mimi ok. but what about the first movie?

Jessica If you like the book(s) then watch the movie. It's nothing wrong with them, I feel.

Maria Polito i think you should its ok no the best but it ok

message 12: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Maria wrote: "i think you should its ok no the best but it ok"

its ok but like some diff people here, its not worth watching or even reading the book. but if u havent read the book yet, then might as well read it, to find out what going on with the diff characters, that SM wrote on there.

Jayla Revills okay twilight is really good i seen all the movie blike it sad but weird funny and romance it mostly for girls to see cause it about boys that like this girl it really good you wish you could be in the movie lol okay please it really good and you should see all the movie and read the book

Devon it's fantasy and cheesy but it's a great story to get lost in and if you watch the movies they bring the series to life, not perfectly but you get the jest of it, and it's great to see it played out realistically. I hope this helps :)

message 15: by Em (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Lou I have mixed views on this. I would say yes watch them, as then you get a visual of the books.

Personally I have read all of the books and watched all of the films. I would always pick the books over the film. There is so much that they took out when making the films and it's just the little bits that you wouldn't think seem important when you read it, but actually they are. For instance, the scene where Bella jumps on Edwards lap in the morning when she wakes up to find him sitting in the chair in her bedroom and after a few minutes she jumps up to have a 'human moment' and runs to the bathroom. I really liked that scene in the book, but it's not in the films.

However there's bits in the films that you wouldn't usually get to read in the book cause the book is all Bella's POV. For instance in the film of Eclipse there is a scene where Emmett and Rosalie and the others are seen chasing Victoria through the woods and Emmett jumps over the river into pack territory which then results in an argument. You don't get to read about this in the book. It was actually one of my favourite bits of that film.

Now, the reason I can't really stand to watch the films now that I have seen them is that:

One- Kristen Stewart is NOT Bella!! She does not play Bella as she should be. I recently read the expert that Stephenie Meyer put on her website of Midnight Sun and it just strengthened the feeling I have that Kristen Stewart doesn't play Bella properly. For one, Stewart stutters ALL the time when playing her. Bella doesn't do that in the book ALL of the time, just when she's embarrassed. She's fiery and quick witted and reserved in the book. Stewart plays her as though she's socially inept, it's that bad it boarders on infuriating when watching it! As well as that I always imagined Bella to be small and dainty. Plain, but pretty with feminine features that were undefined; Kristen Stewart was a bit to masculine looking for how I imagined Bella to be...

Two- They made Robert Pattinson play Edward like he was constantly in pain, which then resulted in him looking drugged up or constipated all of the time. He just didn't play him with that humorous and charming vibe that I got when both reading from Bella's POV and Edward's in Midnight sun.

However they got Charlie spot on and Alice and I would say some of the other characters like Jasper. Billy Bourke who plays Charlie was brilliant, it's worth watching it for him alone.

Despite the flaws with the main casting, there were lots of parts in the films that were really lovely. The scene in the film where Edward plays Bella's Lullaby is lovely. It's just when Kristen Stewart starts speaking that it all goes to pot. I'd say watch them cause otherwise you miss out on the great soundtrack in the films and the scenes that were created through the music and the acting. The baseball scene in the first film is pretty awesome. I'd say give it a go.

Devon My favorite movie is breaking dawn part 1.

Jasmine  Cook Devon wrote: "My favorite movie is breaking dawn part 1."

I've seen them and the only one i like is part two

message 20: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Cole Personally I thought they were pretty good but you should read them first

message 21: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Anna wrote: "Personally I thought they were pretty good but you should read them first"

it was ok. but i think the books that SM wrote was bit better then the movie itself. cause in the book, it has everyone pov and tel what everyone was thinking about,type of thing. what does everyone thinks about it?

message 22: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I love the books, so watching the movies is like a double edged sword to me.

The acting is really bad, especially in the first movie, and they leave things out in the movie that you miss and wish they would have included. For example, Bella's aversion to blood and blood typing science class. Or even Bella's clumsiness/being accident prone, they don't portray well enough in the movies.

So I dislike the movies; however, since I love the books so much, whenever I see the movies on TV I stop to watch at least a little bit and it just makes me want to re-read the books again.

Tanesha No, books are better. Movies leaves things out or changes things completely. Also, for me Kirsten Steward made me start to hate the character Bella.

message 24: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Oros Yes, watch them for the sake off watching them. But know they are unbearably awful and that they may change the books for you

Heidi Yes.

Nyasia Walker Okay those of you saying no to the movie then why are you one here? Okay so maybe you don't now the actors???! and hate them so thats ur problem i happen to luv the guy who played edward robert pattinson! I do agree about bella though in some scence's the book good but i think sometimes you might want to watch the movie on some scence's! So YES! There playing them today and tommorow ABC family

message 27: by Shrilaxmi (last edited Jan 02, 2015 11:45PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Shrilaxmi I dont think you should but I dont think we can stop ourselves either plus none of the actors look superhumanly beautiful.

message 28: by Cat (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cat I would say, yes, you should watch the movie. Read all the books first, and then keep in mind that as the series progresses (and the budgets increase) the movies improve. They're not great, mind you, the casting/acting is off, the effects can be really bad etc.

If you like the book, watch the movie. If you hate it, then just don't watch it again and you will have always formed your own opinion of it.

Devon I agree with Cat ^^^^^

Shrilaxmi Yeah but once you watch the movie every time you read the book movie scenes go through your head and its not your imagination anymore. It isnt so easy forgetting the movie once youve watched it.

Devon I've gone back to reading the books (many times) after the movies. It's nice to have a visual even though in the movie it's changed you've got something. All the characters are awesome. I love all the books and all the movies. I only got into this twilight saga because of the first movie. My husband was the person to get me into the wonderful world of fantasy! He's watched all the movies with me but not read the books. I'm not young nor too old for this. I'm a Twihard to the end. If there is an end! Maybe not. They are doing a TV series. Starting over. Can't wait to see it!

message 32: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Devon wrote: "I've gone back to reading the books (many times) after the movies. It's nice to have a visual even though in the movie it's changed you've got something. All the characters are awesome. I love all ..."

the whole twi movie was ok, i only like sertain part that was in eclipse, BDp1 and pt2 type of thing. am not really twi fan of the whole movie or the book, after the movie came out, i read the book, to see if there was anything else that more then the movie, & what was everyone pov that was in the story then in the books, that SM wrote there.

message 33: by Najma (new) - rated it 1 star

Najma NO

Nyasia Walker Najma wrote: "NO"

why not???!

message 35: by m (new) - rated it 3 stars

m NO

message 36: by m (new) - rated it 3 stars

m All the scenes are filled with Kristen Stewart opening her mouth like something's going to come out.:)

Cristina Depends. If you are looking for a parody, then yes, you should. If you want to watch it in the hope for a real, serious movie, then I suggest just about anything else.

Nyasia Walker Cristina wrote: "Depends. If you are looking for a parody, then yes, you should. If you want to watch it in the hope for a real, serious movie, then I suggest just about anything else."
I Agree with cristina! 100 percent!

message 39: by Soph (new) - rated it 1 star

Soph Ya, NO. DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE. I was all excited about the movie because I absolutely adored the books, and guess what? THE MOVIE WAS HORRIBLE

Shalini | Book Rambler Emily wrote: "I have mixed views on this. I would say yes watch them, as then you get a visual of the books.

Personally I have read all of the books and watched all of the films. I would always pick the books o..."

I agree with you,Emily.

Nyasia Walker we'll some perfer the movies and some perfer books!! So okay what ever it's not worth the fight i watch the movies and if you want to watch the movies there playing the saga ABC Family.