The Bone Season Series by Samantha Shannon – A Read Along discussion

The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1)
This topic is about The Bone Season
INACTIVE 2014 Read along week 1. > First Thoughts--NEWBIES

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura, Underqueen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (luella22) | 58 comments Mod
Did you love the beginning of The Bone Season? It really grabs you, doesn’t it?

What are your first thoughts about the book?

Linda | 2 comments Interesting plot, with great character development.

Lalabikida Poppy | 11 comments The beginning almost lost me. It seemed to take a while to build up to some development. I also found reading on my Kindle valuable in that some of the words I didn't know, not part of my everyday language. The characters do start to become their own which now has me eager to read more and see what happens next.

message 4: by vvb (new) - rated it 5 stars

vvb I am hooked! Looking forward to learning more about this world. And wondering what is beyond the bridge???

message 5: by Laura, Underqueen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (luella22) | 58 comments Mod
I totally understand, it really jumps right in. Remember that there's a glossary at the back that you can jump to from the TOC on your Kindle that will be REALLY helpful throughout the read!

Lalabikida wrote: "The beginning almost lost me. It seemed to take a while to build up to some development. I also found reading on my Kindle valuable in that some of the words I didn't know, not part of my everyda..."

Linda wrote: "Interesting plot, with great character development."

Lalabikida Poppy | 11 comments This Laura I didn't know about the glossary.

Lori (loriwritingmyownfairytale) I'm really enjoying this! It's not a quick read for me but I love learning all about this world and I can't wait to read more of it! I thought the glossary was great and used it quite a lot in the first few pages. I liked being able to reference it when I wanted without having a huge info dump at the beginning of the book. Instead, we just get to jump into the story. So far, I think it's great!

The Loopy Librarian (loopy_librarian) | 3 comments The beginning is definitely an attention grabber, but I can't say I'm hooked yet. I'm struggling to keep track of all the characters and clairvoyant levels, etc. Also, Shannon's vocabulary exceeds mine, so it's a challenging read at times.

Lalabikida Poppy | 11 comments The Loopy Librarian wrote: "The beginning is definitely an attention grabber, but I can't say I'm hooked yet. I'm struggling to keep track of all the characters and clairvoyant levels, etc. Also, Shannon's vocabulary exceeds ..."

I found using the glossary on my Kindle to really help. I too found it a bit challenging at first but as each chapter goes by I'm understanding better each level.

Alisha (littlemisslish) This was not what I was expecting when I first got the book. I am really enjoying it though and it does get easier to understand the more that I read. I love reading about this world and understanding the characters.

Lalabikida Poppy | 11 comments I agree. Each day I read this book I find myself becoming committed to the journey.

Margie (thebumblegirl) The beginning really took my surprise! I am happy that it was a bit slow in the first few chapters, but then it jumped into action and then it goes into a steady pace. There is a lot to absorb and lots of details to pay attention to. I love that this is a book that lets me take my time with it. With each page I am curiouser and curiouser!

The Bone Season Series by Samantha Shannon – A...

unread topics | mark unread