Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Beta Readers > 70K Women's Fiction for swap

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Maxwell Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to find a few sets of fresh eyes for my MS. THE GRAVE TENDER has been edited and polished to the best of my abilities, and is on it's umpteenth draft. If anyone can help me out with a beta read, I'm more than pleased to swap.

At ten years old, Bailey Dixon's life was irrevocably changed. Since those few tragic weeks, she's tried to bury her past, but old bones have a way of rising.

Grown now, with children of her own, Bailey can't hide any longer.

Haunted by a boy who never made it home, a damaged woman who sings in moonlight and dances in flames, and the strange, scarred recluse who watches it all from the shadow of the pines, the time has come for Bailey to answer for her sins.

They say the truth will set you free, but sometimes it extracts a terrible price along the way. Is it a price Bailey's willing to pay?

THE GRAVE TENDER is a book about a family who isn't what it seems, the women at the heart of that family, and the extraordinary lengths they will go to protect the ones they love.

Thanks so much!
A. Carter

message 2: by Christi (new)

Christi Spicuzza (mommachristi319) | 3 comments Would love to read for you! Message me if you still need someone.

message 3: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Close (charlieclose) | 1 comments Hi, Elizabeth.

Sounds like fun. Care to swap beta reads of your book for my 78K collection of short stories? Description below.

In his new collection, Charlie Close gives us stories about people who try, succeed, and sometimes fail to connect with others. People like us.

He gives us a poor family celebrating its first Halloween in a rich neighborhood, a waitress trying to get the attention of the new man in town, teachers talking about their students’ crushes, and a boy stuck in a car with the kid he beat up.

The stories are written in different tones and textures: some dark, some funny, others quiet – many from an unexpected angle. Charlie shows us that, however different we may feel, we are not so different after all.

message 4: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Maxwell Thank you, I've sent a PM.

message 5: by Layla (new)

Layla Dorine Hi Elizabeth and Charlie, I wouldn't mind swapping reads with both of you if you are interested. I have a 54 k merman novel that was done for NaNoWriMo this year.