The Reading Challenge Group discussion

I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
This topic is about I Am Malala
Group Read Archive 2014-16 > Non-Fiction Group Read (November 2014) - I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban, by Malala Yousafzai

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly, That Geeky One (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) | 1949 comments Mod
I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban, by Malala Yousafzai has been picked for our Non-Fiction Group Read!

Reading starts 1st November!

message 2: by Aitziber (new)

Aitziber I'm pretty excited that this one got so many votes. I have a note to self from February to nominate it.

Becca Tyler (scrappybec) | 294 comments I wasn't very excited about reading this, but I enjoyed it. I think that being so familiar with names of places from the news made it an easier read. She's an amazing young lady.

message 4: by Aitziber (new)

Aitziber Glad to hear this, Becca. :) Because of my reading plans, I'll probably get around to reading this late in the month.

Cristal Punnett I've just started reading this and am surprised how much I'm enjoying it.

Cristal Punnett I have just finished this book, WOW what a special story about a truly amazing girl and her plight to allow girls in Pakistan to have an education. It certainly made me think how fortunate we all are, and to take so many things for granted.