Goodreads Ireland discussion

Buddy Reads > Roth and Atwood, anyone?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul I think Emma recently read Atwood and I think she has a book nominated for our next monthly read. I see your reading a few Grimms Tales books at the moment. You might be interested in a book up for our next Irish Read , The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly , based on Grimms Tales

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) Yeah I read and nominated The Handmaids Tale for the monthly read. It's currently in joint second, one vote behind All the Light We Cannot See. That poll could yet end in a tie break.

I think Diane has read a fair bit of Atwood too. At some point I'll get around to reading more of her work but won't be for a few months yet.

I'm looking forward to re-reading The Book of Lost Things. It looks like it's won unless there's a dramatic change in the polls in the next 24hrs.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) To give you a run down we operate a monthly read, which is open to writers of any nationality, and a quarterly read which is for books by Irish writers or relate specifically to stories of Irish interest. We also do a quarterly movie which must either be about something or Irish interest or involve an Irish actor/director. You've joined just as we vote on nominations. The polls remain open till tomorrow if you want to cast your vote. Participation in group reads is not mandatory but is actively encouraged.

You'll find all three polls here:

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/4...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read a lot of Atwood, but not recently and will be very happy to go back to The Handmaid's Tale if it wins or as a buddy read if it doesn't. She is a terrific author.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 2357 comments Mod
I would also be happy to read some more Atwood as a buddy read (or the Handmaid's Tale if it wins the monthly read). The only books of hers I've read are The Handmaid's Tale and a collection of
essays.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ian, there are always several Buddy Reads going on. We tried to warn you that we are an incouragable bunch! Shall we wait until we see what our BOTM is, as there may be accessibility issues over the current front runner?